DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GO 4 app is not saving settings such as expo - any ideas??

flynsign

Reactions
I've tried deleting and reinstalling the Go4 app several times but nothing seems to help. Most of my settings I make just go back to the defaults as soon as I either move to different areas of the app or shut down the app and restart, grrrrr.

Any ideas what could be causing this? btw, I am making these setting changes with the app disconnected (Mavic is not even on) but that should not make any difference, right?

The settings will not be saved unless DJI GO is connected to your Mavic and you press enter/return on the mobile device keyboard after making a change.

Reactions: ed1nh0
I'll try that. So I need to have both the controller AND the Mavic on or just the controller?

The Mavic and remote controller must be powered on and your mobile device must be connected to the remote controller.

Hmm, seems like you should be able to make setting changes in the app only - then the new values would be uploaded once everything is connected. Anyway, that solution worked - thanks for your help!!

Most of the settings are stored directly on the Mavic. If the Mavic is not connected, those settings cannot be saved.

Reactions: Anthonyk
I've tried deleting and reinstalling the Go4 app several times but nothing seems to help. Most of my settings I make just go back to the defaults as soon as I either move to different areas of the app or shut down the app and restart, grrrrr.

Any ideas what could be causing this? btw, I am making these setting changes with the app disconnected (Mavic is not even on) but that should not make any difference, right?

It's one of the irritating things about GO is that you need a MP connected (or other drone) to even see all of the possible settings, never mind changing them! It would be nice to be able to change things and then have them update when you actually connect.

OTOH, from a simplicity point-of-view, it sorta, maybe, kinda makes sense as the GO app is not being configured - the MP is being configured. The app is just the interface to it.

The settings will not be saved unless DJI GO is connected to your Mavic and you press enter/return on the mobile device keyboard after making a change.
I don't remember seeing this while switching options. Is it device specific?

The label on enter/return keyboard key is device specific if that's what you mean.

When I make a change in settings, I don't remember seeing any enter/return to select. Just a change in the look of the button.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser