DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Go Professional Hard Case

I understand the intended item to use with the controller is a phone but since the ipad mini series fits it would be nice if there was a way to nestle one down somewhere in the case.

once they are in place with the connector facing down you can push them and they go in farther and then guess what....yep they are a pain to get out. So I will just set them in connector down and not press them down hard.

Or you could just put them in the other way so you don't have to worry about them getting pushed in too far :)

Last edited:
I received my GPC case yesterday. Even though I've seen the pictures and videos, I was still surprised at how compact it is. I can say after putting the batteries in and taking them out a few times, I'll definitely be keeping the terminal side facing up. They're just easier to grab that way, especially if they get pushed down too far.

Mine just arrived and it is all loaded and ready to go. It is a very clean, professional, piece of work. There is plenty of clearance for everything to slide in and out easily. Looks like a careful incision on one of the sides would make space for a small tablet ie iPad Mini 4. ThumbswayupThumbswayupThumbswayupThumbswayupThumbswayup

Just checked out the website and they also sell a backpack version that looks pretty nice

Perhaps. I would prefer to have mine glued in.

Should be easy enough to glue in with craft glue. Does it fall out on its own? Maybe that's why they've started glueing them in. I was going to try to put my iPhone 7 Plus behind there, but I guess that won't work. Maybe I'll see how it fits under the bottom foam block.

No -- it doesn't fall out when I open the lid. I have some others cases where that happens sometimes though. I might eventually hot glue it in.

No -- it doesn't fall out when I open the lid. I have some others cases where that happens sometimes though. I might eventually hot glue it in.
I checked and the lid foam in mine isn't glued either but it stays put when you open the lid regardless.

Has anyone compared this hard case to the one that Polar Pro sells? The Polar Pro version is a bit smaller (only 2 spare batteries) and is two pounds lighter, which could be a good thing or bad thing depending on the strength of the case.

Reactions: Anton Chigurh
Was waiting for my Mavic to ship and now it seems everyone is OOS on the GPC case and B&H is back to full price too. Any idea who might get fresh stock first?

By time I get my Mavic there will probably be 5 other cases on the Market. What I am really looking for is one that has an external adapter socket and trickle charger docks for all four batteries built into the case. That way I can plug the whole thing in and have it continually trickle charging my batteries when the Drone is stored for several weeks.

I already have so many things around the house that I need to keep checking so as to to make sure the batteries have not flatlined, it would be nice to have something do it for me while also doubling as storage and a carrying case.

By time I get my Mavic there will probably be 5 other cases on the Market. What I am really looking for is one that has an external adapter socket and trickle charger docks for all four batteries built into the case. That way I can plug the whole thing in and have it continually trickle charging my batteries when the Drone is stored for several weeks.

I already have so many things around the house that I need to keep checking so as to to make sure the batteries have not flatlined, it would be nice to have something do it for me while also doubling as storage and a carrying case.
Hmm, not sure this is the best strategy for prolonging the life of Lithium batteries. DJI has designed the batteries to self discharge down to about 50% charge because this is the best storage charge level. I suspect that keeping the batteries at 100% charge when not being used regularly will shorten their life.

Hmm, not sure this is the best strategy for prolonging the life of Lithium batteries. DJI has designed the batteries to self discharge down to about 50% charge because this is the best storage charge level. I suspect that keeping the batteries at 100% charge when not being used regularly will shorten their life.

Yes your right, I forgot that.
They need to make a more intelligent storage case that keeps them at 50% without me having to constantly monitor them.

I know this sounds like the rant of a spoiled child but I can guarantee you that once your personal excitement wears off and the Mavic becomes an occasional flyer you will find that keeping track of 3-4 battery packs for several months will become a very annoying task. Right now I have about 15 items that I have to keep track of. From my Drill all the way to portable Oscilloscopes, Meters, iPhones, iPads, Cameras and a crap load of other stuff.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll