DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GO4 4.0.6 Android

Voltage drop issues fixed after updating to firmware to . 600 and go4 to 4.0.6.

Still crashing.

Flew one Batt, App Crashes after roughly 10 Minutes. Renders Mavic kinda useles for Android devices...

Did my first flight with firmware .600, DJIGo4 4.0.6 + S7 Edge running Marshmallow.

My first observations:
The FPV video feed on the phone was slightly jerky, having never had this before in many hundreds of flight. It is also the first time I have had phone Audio getting captured and appended to same video. So I wonder if this may be part of the issue. I will be turning Audio capture off as I don't need it and see if that fixes it. Also having Audio capture on prevents the S7 inbuilt screen capture utility in Game centre from working.

Further the video on the SD card was not effected and is smooth which is the main thing.

Fixed Wing mode was a bit of fun. As people have mentioned, It keeps on moving so make sure you have plenty of space. Would have like to have a small degree of pitch control over the gimbal in this mode too. An audible beep to notify Flight Mode is active after pressing C1 would be nice. Several times I must not have had right stick forward for long enough and pressing C1 event though the icon was on screen did not stick.

Good to have the Autoland abort by up stick back again. So not it can be achieved intuitively again. Note that Pause button does not abort it. Just upstick and P/S mode toggle.

So a few of you guys running Nougat on S7 edge reckon it works OK is that correct? Might be time to update.

Did my first flight with firmware .600, DJIGo4 4.0.6 + S7 Edge running Marshmallow.

My first observations:
The FPV video feed on the phone was slightly jerky, having never had this before in many hundreds of flight. It is also the first time I have had phone Audio getting captured and appended to same video. So I wonder if this may be part of the issue. I will be turning Audio capture off as I don't need it and see if that fixes it. Also having Audio capture on prevents the S7 inbuilt screen capture utility in Game centre from working.

Further the video on the SD card was not effected and is smooth which is the main thing.

Fixed Wing mode was a bit of fun. As people have mentioned, It keeps on moving so make sure you have plenty of space. Would have like to have a small degree of pitch control over the gimbal in this mode too. An audible beep to notify Flight Mode is active after pressing C1 would be nice. Several times I must not have had right stick forward for long enough and pressing C1 event though the icon was on screen did not stick.

Good to have the Autoland abort by up stick back again. So not it can be achieved intuitively again. Note that Pause button does not abort it. Just upstick and P/S mode toggle.

So a few of you guys running Nougat on S7 edge reckon it works OK is that correct? Might be time to update.
Yes Edge and Nougat here...all good...

Yes Edge and Nougat here...all good...
Thanks @flamefirst. Will update my S7 edge to Nougat then. It has been nagging me to do so for months!

Hope it all works out for ya.

Last edited:
S7 edge here with 7.0 and newest app. I had 4 app crashes on 1 battery. I still had full control on the RC but lost all feed. Pulled the app drawer up and restarted from there with no issues every time. It continues from where it left off but does the preflight check after you have landed the bird every time. Something is up with mine. I might delete and reinstall the app to test later.

Latest firmware and 4.0.6 Go 4. As noted by svavar the fixed wing flight mode would not stick for me. Worse... the app froze when I was 7500 feet out. Froze my whole phone, could not close & restart app, had to reboot my Nexus 6p. While it was doing this I hit RTH on the remote. Landed with 8% battery. Pucker factor high.

Hi from Oz.
New guy here.

DO NOT UPDATE if you have Android 7.xx!

I'm using a Sony Experia XZ on Android 7.0
My GO-4 app updated to 4.0.6 a couple of days ago, and I carried out the firmware update in the Mavic as recommended, it is now unusable...

I had got the previous version to run ok by doing the following things -

Turning off Cache Locally
Running my Sony charging cable to the lower usb port
Shutting off all running apps
Running the phone in Airplane mode & gps turned on

Since the update, both flights I've done have Force Closed the phone and it is unable to be restarted in flight.
I have had to carry out RTH landings on both occasions!
I have deleted the app...

I have been lucky that I kept a non updated version of GO-3 also. I am able to fly with some screen glitches and short disconnections, but full control.

DJI have no fixes available, only suggesting 'Use a supported device'
like a 4 yr old Z3 Sony - WTF???

Hi from Oz.
New guy here.

DO NOT UPDATE if you have Android 7.xx!

I'm using a Sony Experia XZ on Android 7.0
My GO-4 app updated to 4.0.6 a couple of days ago, and I carried out the firmware update in the Mavic as recommended, it is now unusable...

I had got the previous version to run ok by doing the following things -

Turning off Cache Locally
Running my Sony charging cable to the lower usb port
Shutting off all running apps
Running the phone in Airplane mode & gps turned on

Since the update, both flights I've done have Force Closed the phone and it is unable to be restarted in flight.
I have had to carry out RTH landings on both occasions!
I have deleted the app...

I have been lucky that I kept a non updated version of GO-3 also. I am able to fly with some screen glitches and short disconnections, but full control.

DJI have no fixes available, only suggesting 'Use a supported device'
like a 4 yr old Z3 Sony - WTF???
Anyone using a samsung or anything other than sony with android 7 and also have issues? Debating if I sgould upgraed to android 7. My note 5 just got notified of an update.

Don't upgrade, yet. Better wait for GO4 to get stable with Nougat.

The current Issues are somewhat related to Android 7x (Nougat) in combination with the latest GO4 Updates.

Don't upgrade, yet. Better wait for GO4 to get stable with Nougat.

The current Issues are somewhat related to Android 7x (Nougat) in combination with the latest GO4 Updates.

UPDATE -
Today, I reloaded the new GO-4 app, went carefully back through the settings and turned off Cache Locally again.

I set the phone up again as before (listed in the thread above) and got a full battery of stable flights.

I used POI, Active Track and Way point modes and filmed in all.

The only issue was a greyed out Take Off button between one pair of flights.
Restarting the app and Mavic got the button able to be pressed again for take-off.

Much better and more confidence inspiring....
I will report back on progress.

Reactions: mephisto
UPDATE -
Today, I reloaded the new GO-4 app, went carefully back through the settings and turned off Cache Locally again.

I set the phone up again as before (listed in the thread above) and got a full battery of stable flights.

I used POI, Active Track and Way point modes and filmed in all.

The only issue was a greyed out Take Off button between one pair of flights.
Restarting the app and Mavic got the button able to be pressed again for take-off.

Much better and more confidence inspiring....
I will report back on progress.
So this is with android 7 correct?

So this is with android 7 correct?
Correct, yes Android 7.0.
Im not going to call it Fixed, but I can fly now.
I'm out again today testing to see if it's stable enough to use for flights you need some trust in the gear.

I'll report back on the results.

Correct, yes Android 7.0.
Im not going to call it Fixed, but I can fly now.
I'm out again today testing to see if it's stable enough to use for flights you need some trust in the gear.

I'll report back on the results.
Awesome. I will wait on feedback before I decide to upgrade.

Awesome. I will wait on feedback before I decide to upgrade.

OK, so I now have had quite a few stable flights with the new software/firmware combo.
(there is another app update since that I have not loaded as yet)

My setup is now -

Sony Experia XZ phone Android 7.0
Using the Mavic micro USB to USB C pigtail connection
Phone in Airplane mode (to stop app chatter over the network)
Phone GPS location enabled
'Cache locally' turned off

Running this setup, I have not had the phone lock up in flight and also have had stable vision on the phone screen.

I have only once had the app lock up while on the ground awaiting a second flight.
I disconnected and shut down the app, restarted and had 2 x normal flights after that.
I'm confident enough to fly in risky situations again now and trust the systems again.

Reactions: RAMJET-1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60