DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles Battery Not Working or ???

rstrouts

Reactions
Watched tv on the goggles 1-2 hours or so last night until it went black. Figured battery needed re-charging so plugged it into wall outlet using DJI supplied charging cord adapter, both ends fully plugged in, and left it plugged into wall outlet overnight.

After charging overnight, pressed Startup button...one short one long... to Startup. Nothing. Still black.

Plugged goggles into wall outlet and headband again for 1/2-1 hour. Nope. Still black. Plugged in tightly and firmly. Tried removing then plugging back into headband and green light on headband came on for a half second then nothing. Tried Startup button one short one long a couple times. Nothing. Black.

Advice?

Last edited:
Watched tv on the goggles last until it went black. Figured battery needed re-charging so plugged it into wall outlet using DJI supplied charging cord adapter, both ends fully plugged in, and left it plugged into wall out overnight.

After charging overnight, pressed Startup button...one short one long button... to Startup. Nothing. Still black.

Plugged goggles into wall outlet and headband again for 1/2-1 hour. Nope. Still black. Plugged in tightly and firmly. Tried removing then plugging back into headband and green light on headband came on for a half second then nothing. Tried Startup button one short one long a couple times. Nothing. Black.

Advice?
Try a different charger or cord.

When I charge mine, the led on the head band stays amber until the last hour of charging. Then it lights green for 1 hour and when fully charged, it shuts off.
Have you tried connecting it to the assistant 2 or your computer.
Just to rule out the charger itself, your computer will charge the Goggles as well.

When it turned off while you were watching were you supposed to be anywhere close to low battery?

It may not be related to the battery at all.

Could it be the connection between the headband and the goggles?
I know when I first got my goggles I had snapped the two together and it seemed like a firm connection.
As I began charging them for the first time, the charging light on the headband would light up,
but I noticed no other charging indicator lights on the goggles were lit.
After being fully charged with a green light on the headband, the goggles would still not power on.

Finally, I unsnapped the headband and goggles and reconnected them back together (firmly).
That did it, the goggles powered on and worked correctly.

I also had a difficult time when I wanted to separate the two pieces for storage.
They just would not come apart no matter how I pressed the white button or pulled and pushed on the headband.
Finally after reading others online comments, I just pulled harder than I would felt was normal for an expensive piece of electronics
and they came apart. Now I just store them as one piece....

Apparently this is a common issue with the goggles. Mine does same thing as OPand they are going back today for service. Wont charge and green led comes on just very briefly when plugging in the goggles.

Mine is doing PRECISELY the same thing ... exactly everything, every detail that was mentioned. Am using 100% DJI chargers and cables every step. REALLY REALLY REALLY DISAPPOINTING considering how little flights and charge cycles it has actually been used. (<5 flights, <3 charges)

Last edited:
Watched tv on the goggles 1-2 hours or so last night until it went black. Figured battery needed re-charging so plugged it into wall outlet using DJI supplied charging cord adapter, both ends fully plugged in, and left it plugged into wall outlet overnight.

After charging overnight, pressed Startup button...one short one long... to Startup. Nothing. Still black.

Advice?
The DJI Goggles require a 3 amp charger, most chargers are 2 amp. The wall adapter that comes with the goggles are 3 amp.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000