DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles bugs noticed so far

Jaysjob

Reactions
I've had my goggle for about a week. They do have a bit of a learning curve and there are some things that need improvement but that's every product. I've been doing a lot of testing and trying different modes and practicing getting used to the goggles interface.

My experience is this. I'm sure not everyone will have the same issues. I'm looking for others with similar or additional bugs to look out for.

When switching to Sport mode during flight and flight controlled by head movements, the drone continues forward flight but spins just like if you had the left stick slammed over to one side. I haven't found a way to make it stop other than powering down the goggles. The left stick has no control at that point. I think there may be a conflict between the head flight tracking and Sport mode. And it doesn't happen right away nor every time but when it does it gives off a pretty big pucker factor! The altitude stays the same but both sticks are dead.

Another problem I've been having is the goggles lock everything up. The camera, the iPad app and the controller. Again, I have to shut down the goggles and the controller and restart to make it go back to normal.

I'm not flying far away. And keep testing the functions. I use an iPad mini to view the flight in addition to the goggles.

I hope to hear about others having bugs and what if anything you do to fix it. I'm hoping the upcoming update will solve some of these issues.

Thank!

Reactions: hookalakupua
What FW are you on? I have the latest app, but my bird and controller are on .400. I haven't had these issues.

My only gripe is the metric unit of measures can't be changed. Also, I wish they had a Map, and even better the signal strength of the TX and the HD. All I see is the connection from the bird to the goggles and back. It would be nice to have all the controller info too.

The "H" symbol is supposed to show the home position. But nobody has discovered how it works. It will be a bug.

Reactions: Jaysjob
What FW are you on? I have the latest app, but my bird and controller are on .400. I haven't had these issues.

My only gripe is the metric unit of measures can't be changed. Also, I wish they had a Map, and even better the signal strength of the TX and the HD. All I see is the connection from the bird to the goggles and back. It would be nice to have all the controller info too.

I'm on .0700 right now. I did have a lot of trouble with the .0600 FW update so I backed down to .0550 which was my last stable version. When 7 was released it fixed all the problems I was having. But the goggles are a different story. Maybe they need a FW update as well? I would like imperial height as well. I do miss the map function in the goggles too. It was nice to flip back and forth for positioning when flying. Maybe they'll add this to a future update.

Reactions: Drone Man Dan
Hello,

can we turn off the green arrows into "Wing Mode" of the Goggles?
They are terrible!

I haven't seen this Slide. I haven't tried fixed wing mode yet with the goggles. As mentioned I have used head tracking and got about the same effect. I'll have to check that out.

The "H" symbol is supposed to show the home position. But nobody has discovered how it works. It will be a bug.
It's quite easy. It shows the compass direction of the home point relative to the drone fixed north. The arrow in the center is the drone's compass heading. If you want to return to home based on that, you pan the drone until the arrow points to the H.

It's quite easy. It shows the compass direction of the home point relative to the drone fixed north. The arrow in the center is the drone's compass heading. If you want to return to home based on that, you pan the drone until the arrow points to the H.

Ummm... If this is true.... not is very intuitive....

I have got another drones with OSD FPV and the home point point is very clear and intuitive.

Ummm... If this is true.... not is very intuitive....

I have got another drones with OSD FPV and the home point point is very clear and intuitive.
I found it intuitive. I had it figured out in about 3 seconds when I went to turn back. The H is the bearing needed to return home, and the arrow is the bearing the drone is heading.

The next flight will look at it this way. But now I can not imagine it as you say.

Your essentially looking a compass point north on your screen.

Perhaps the problem was 'the other' OSD I have seen. I wait to see the "H" moving arround when I turn the mavic. But I didn't see that on last flight. The "H"symbol remains always in the same 'quadrant'. Regardless of the direction of the drone with respect to the home point.

This is a little off topic, but along the lines of the Home point and bearing... is there an indicator that gives you bearing relative to which way your facing your goggles, that I may be missing? It would be nice if there was a "radar" like the Go 4 app has, that shows bearing relative to which way you're facing--so that you can aim your antennas better. Yes, having a spotter with you is important but it's not the same. Perhaps the Goggles don't have a compass built in anyway--but just thought I'd ask... as I've noticed many DJI products have features not covered in the manual.

Does anyone else notice something wrong with the optics? It seems to be clear, and in focus on top and bottom of the goggles, but in the center is kinda blurry and out of focus.

I don't know if it's my set of goggles or it's a problem on all of them.

Does anyone else notice something wrong with the optics? It seems to be clear, and in focus on top and bottom of the goggles, but in the center is kinda blurry and out of focus.

I don't know if it's my set of goggles or it's a problem on all of them.
I've noticed the same thing myself. (Plus my goggles fog up after a few minutes of wearing them).

I'm disappointed that you can't select 3:2 ratio still images either (for the P4P), and that your actual onboard video recording settings change from 4K to 1080P when your goggle display settings change (which can apparently happen automatically depending on signal strength).

I've had my goggle for about a week. They do have a bit of a learning curve and there are some things that need improvement but that's every product. I've been doing a lot of testing and trying different modes and practicing getting used to the goggles interface.

My experience is this. I'm sure not everyone will have the same issues. I'm looking for others with similar or additional bugs to look out for.

When switching to Sport mode during flight and flight controlled by head movements, the drone continues forward flight but spins just like if you had the left stick slammed over to one side. I haven't found a way to make it stop other than powering down the goggles. The left stick has no control at that point. I think there may be a conflict between the head flight tracking and Sport mode. And it doesn't happen right away nor every time but when it does it gives off a pretty big pucker factor! The altitude stays the same but both sticks are dead.

Another problem I've been having is the goggles lock everything up. The camera, the iPad app and the controller. Again, I have to shut down the goggles and the controller and restart to make it go back to normal.

I'm not flying far away. And keep testing the functions. I use an iPad mini to view the flight in addition to the goggles.

I hope to hear about others having bugs and what if anything you do to fix it. I'm hoping the upcoming update will solve some of these issues.

Thank!

That's incredible! My goggles arrived yesterday and that out of control spinning happened for me as well! I've brought up the issue in another thread but didn't mention the Sport Mode as I didn't even think about it. Please keep us up to date if you find a solution. Scarred me to death as my 5 year old was wearing them. haha Finally had to turn off the goggles. Thanks again.

That's incredible! My goggles arrived yesterday and that out of control spinning happened for me as well! I've brought up the issue in another thread but didn't mention the Sport Mode as I didn't even think about it. Please keep us up to date if you find a solution. Scarred me to death as my 5 year old was wearing them. haha Finally had to turn off the goggles. Thanks again.

I think the spinning is a function of the goggles. If you turn your head the other way it stops. At least it did for me.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242