DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles Ordered

But I like to keep my eyes on the drone at all times so I can make sure I don't hit anything or anyone. Seems to me you're somewhat blind when using the goggles. But I guess the argument could be made that military UAS line-of-sight when flying. If these goggles worked for other VR systems this would be a good price.

This is interesting. From DJI website. I'm speaking about #5
View attachment 11521

Get Epson BT300 instead. You keep line of site plus have the screen presented as augmented reality

I showed my friend a photo of the goggles i have ordered they said they cant wait to come and take photos of me wearing them to put on facebook ha ha but i dont care what i look like if they are good :)

DJI Goggles Order Question: My payment status is still on "Authorized" - is this the same for everyone here?

Under your DJI account----> Goggles order---> Payment Status = Authorized

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-01 at 7.42.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-01 at 7.42.58 AM.png
    78.3 KB · Views: 49
Mines the same mate. I think we just need to wait for shipping now. Hopefully they keep to their word and ship on the 20th

I showed my friend a photo of the goggles i have ordered they said they cant wait to come and take photos of me wearing them to put on facebook ha ha but i dont care what i look like if they are good :)
I've had the same comment. Personally I can't wait to get them and life's too short to worry about what people think. I'm sure when I get them they will ask to have a go

Reactions: rigor
Same status here. How did you pay $435? Used your accumulated credit?

Debatable......you ordered a month before us?

I happened to be looking at my MC account online via my bank site a few minutes before logging on here. I ordered it on on the 24th.

EDIT: I just went back to the site. There are two "pending" orders. Neither is for DJI.

I live in ARIZONA, and the sun is a killer and a sun hood has never made sense. I'm planning on using my as much as I can to fly. I'm glad they're white, but wish they weren't too. Looks like a loaf of bread hanging off your face.

I believe I got one of the first fifty Mavic's in the USA and I know the first in the Southwest, maybe I'll get lucky too.

It seems to me that DJI did something smart on this rollout. They waited until they had good inventory, and they only pre sold what they had and then stopped offering pre sale.

Also on the Mavic I got mine through Amazon, I can't find these on Amazon, so that tells me that either Amazon won't let them do pre sale after the Mavic debacle, or DJI is being smart and offering through their store first and only on the rollout?
I ordered mine two days ago from Best Buy with a 5/20 delivery date. We shall see.

Per at least one hands on review they cause neck strain within 10 minutes.

So of course I ordered a set.
They weigh around two pounds so I would not be surprised. Of course I ordered one. Twenty years wearing Army helmets hopefully built up my neck muscles.

They weigh around two pounds so I would not be surprised. Of course I ordered one. Twenty years wearing Army helmets hopefully built up my neck muscles.

At least an army helmet is relatively well balanced. The Goggles will have a lot of mass out in front - that's going to strain the neck. I wonder if adding a counter weight to the back would help or make it worse ...

At least an army helmet is relatively well balanced. The Goggles will have a lot of mass out in front - that's going to strain the neck. I wonder if adding a counter weight to the back would help or make it worse ...

They also have the battery mass located at the back so there is a counterbalance.

They also have the battery mass located at the back so there is a counterbalance.

The visual system weighs about 495 g. The headband 500.

But the head band, even if 100% of its mass were at the back of the head only has a lateral moment arm of about 10 cm from the Atlas.

The moment arm of the visual system is about 20 cm - so the "weight on your nose" will be pulling down quite a bit.

In weight and balance terms, the headband (at 100%, though it is not) would be 10 cm x 500 g = 5000 cm-g of moment;[1]

Whereas the visual system would be at 20 cm x 495 = 9900 cm-g of moment[1] or twice the "nose down" force as the headband.

As one reviewer said: "10 minutes and you really feel it".

[1] Simplified version of moment (torque) but you get the idea.

Edit: corrected the position of the battery.
upload_2017-5-7_16-42-4.png

Last edited:
But the head band, even if 100% of its mass were at the back of the head only has a lateral moment arm of about 10 cm from the Atlas.

The moment arm of the visual system is about 20 cm - so the "weight on your nose" will be pulling down quite a bit.

I'm not sure it will actually work out like that, the headband has a front support that it going to act as a pivot point transferring the pressure a lot further forward and thus greatly reducing the moment from the goggles and increasing the moment from the battery.

Either way we only have a couple of weeks to wait to find out for ourselves...

I think some of you are getting Analysis paralysis . It is a condition that can be treated by just ordering the darn thing and enjoy :)

I think some of you are getting Analysis paralysis . It is a condition that can be treated by just ordering the darn thing and enjoy :)

Exactly, my order was placed shortly after they went up on DJI.com, so just have to keep waiting a little longer... :)

I'm not sure it will actually work out like that, the headband has a front support that it going to act as a pivot point transferring the pressure a lot further forward and thus greatly reducing the moment from the goggles and increasing the moment from the battery.

Either way we only have a couple of weeks to wait to find out for ourselves...

1) Mechanics doesn't work that way. The mass is where the mass is. One chunk close to the Atlas, the other way out in front. The moments are what they are. There is no "transfer".

2) Reviewers have said: " You feel it ".

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11