DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles slipping off my head, anyone else?

Robbyg

Reactions
I have been plagued the need for constant adjustment of the goggles because the strap at the back of my head keeps sliding up if I look down or I flip up the lens.

Then I saw this video, Almost everything he says in there about the picture quality etc. IMHO is rubbish but the head slipping issue caught my attention since I am having the same problem.

I don't know if the back of my head is missing a normal bulge that holds these thing at a slope, but my head is evidently missing ito_O

Whats your experience been like?

Rob

Reactions: mstampfli
Doublesided duct tape ?

I have been plagued the need for constant adjustment of the goggles because the strap at the back of my head keeps sliding up if I look down or I flip up the lens.

Then I saw this video, Almost everything he says in there about the picture quality etc. IMHO is rubbish but the head slipping issue caught my attention since I am having the same problem.

I don't know if the back of my head is missing a normal bulge that holds these thing at a slope, but my head is evidently missing ito_O

Whats your experience been like?

Rob
Same issue here. I just received my goggles yesterday, and they want to slide up the back of my head when pulling down the screen. So far, I've had to use two hands. :(

Same issue. Now I open them fully to get the strap as far down on the back of my head as possible, then tighten it so it's real snug.
I do this with the goggles in position over my eyes..... works most of the time.

First he needs a xxxxx haircut it's a mop on his head lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, don't you slippy head guys have that bump on the back of your skull, mine feels almost designed to have something hook around. Or it is because the goggle doesn't go down that low on the back of the skull?

Wait, don't you slippy head guys have that bump on the back of your skull, mine feels almost designed to have something hook around. Or it is because the goggle doesn't go down that low on the back of the skull?
Wearing a baseball cap backwards helps a little, but I still cant raise and lower the goggle eyepiece without using two hands. That's going to make it hard to use while holding the controller.

EDIT: Tried a tighter baseball cap backwards.. works much better

Last edited:
Reactions: Auspete
Guys the replies in this thread gave me a good laugh.:D

On a serious note does anyone have an idea for some sort of third party device that might work to hold these on better? I know a bunch of the manufactures watch these forums and build stuff that we need. My first thought was some sort of neck strap that went from the side of the goggles to under my neck. Even if you don't have a head slip issue like me, this will act as a safety so that no matter what the goggles don't slip off your head and hit the ground.

I tried a baseball cap but it did not help, anyone have any ideas that we might be able to use to entice a company to make a product from?

Rob

Last edited:

In all seriousness I do not have any kind of bulge. I was wondering if most people do have a kind of bulge and that's why DJI designed them that way. Luckily I don't have the light leak problems but the slippage is driving me crazy!

Rob

anyone have any ideas that we might be able to use to entice a company to make a product from?
I think your thread might have some thinking now Rob .

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake