DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles which one to get?

taptofocus

Reactions
I use the iPhone 7plus....so what goggles will work with it in the Mavic pro? Yes, I know DJI is coming out with some FPV goggles but I would really like to try it before that with one of the cheaper ones.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Last edited:
Mind only that most fatsharks goggles use 720p and the nvidia K1 outputs 1080p. That gives me only a black screen.

Use the lichi app instead and buy some cheap vr goggles.

VR goggle are basically an empty box that you strap on your had and your cell phone goes inside, thus viewing a magnification of the cell phone screen. FVP goggles/glasses (i.e. Fatsharks) are self-contained. In the quad racer world the Fatsharks receive a video signal from the quad.

VR goggle are basically an empty box that you strap on your had and your cell phone goes inside, thus viewing a magnification of the cell phone screen. FVP goggles/glasses (i.e. Fatsharks) are self-contained. In the quad racer world the Fatsharks receive a video signal from the quad.

And VR Goggles can be used for fpv with an app. For exempel litchi.

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

Actually what's described in the prior posts are "card board" goggles more so than VR goggles.

In the quad racer world the Fatsharks receive a video signal from the quad.
And, in the DJI quad world, FPV goggles connect to the remote controller via an HDMI cable. That's why none of them work with the Mavic.

One of the guys that I fly with uses these with his Mavic & LITCHI:
Homido v2

I just recently purchased Homido V2 for my iphone 7 plus, but haven't had the chance to use it with my Mavic/Litchi. I'll update when I do so.

This is my first VR goggles ever so I can't compare to anything, but can say that it's well built, comfortable to wear, and I can use it with/without glasses or contacts (I'm far-sighted and wear contacts during the day and reading glasses at night).

I just recently purchased Homido V2 for my iphone 7 plus, but haven't had the chance to use it with my Mavic/Litchi. I'll update when I do so.

This is my first VR goggles ever so I can't compare to anything, but can say that it's well built, comfortable to wear, and I can use it with/without glasses or contacts (I'm far-sighted and wear contacts during the day and reading glasses at night).
They (HOMIDO) received good reviews and they only cost $75, which is cheap compared to true FPV/VR goggles. Fatsharks are about $325 and my Cinemizers were $600

They (HOMIDO) received good reviews and they only cost $75, which is cheap compared to true FPV/VR goggles. Fatsharks are about $325 and my Cinemizers were $600

And that's why I went with Homido V2. Since this is my first try at VR goggles, I didn't want to spend $300+, only to find out that it's not for me. Like most things, VR goggles, especially flying with them, is not for everyone.

And that's why I went with Homido V2. Since this is my first try at VR goggles, I didn't want to spend $300+, only to find out that it's not for me. Like most things, VR goggles, especially flying with them, is not for everyone.
My cheapest ones gives the largest picture and therefore the most immersive feeling.

Skickat från min YD201 via Tapatalk

Hi,

I also bought VR goggles (cardboard type) and planned to use it along with the Litchi app in VR mode. Had no time to test it in daytime so I only made some quick tests in the evening indoors. Prior to that I also purchased a phone with QHD resolution (5.7'') intending to maximize the perception through my goggles (to minimize pixelation).
Basic test proved the setup to work fine, yet I'm now a bit puzzled as to what effect I could expect in a best case scenario. What I mean is (unless proven wrong) that video streaming to your phone is at either 720p (long range) or max 1080p (short range, but recording possibility limited to max 2.7K). So, am I right that I will not benefit from using the phone with QHD ? Even FHD is dubious if you don't want to be limited on the resolution end while recording.
Can someone clarify it for me ?

thanks
Greg

Looking forward to your update as I have an iPhone 7 Plus is well and want to know how this headset works with the Mavic

Looking forward to your update as I have an iPhone 7 Plus is well and want to know how this headset works with the Mavic

Unfortunately, I still haven't had the chance to do this yet. My spotters' (wife and son) and my schedules can't seem to agree with all the activities we have. I've been tempted just to try it when by myself, but not worth the risk. I'm in no rush...especially when I keep hearing about Litchi and Mavic problems. Makes me a bit concerned with using a 3rd party app to fly.

Okay. So I've finally got my son to spot for me while I fly FPV with Homido V2 goggles. I used my iphone7+ with the goggles, connected to Mavic controller with standard lightning-to-USB charging cable that comes with iphones (I think it's about 3 ft long)...and used Litchi app.

Unfortunately, I was only in my driveway so I didn't want to fly out-of-sight and only flew for about 10 minutes. But that was enough for me to see how awesome the experience was. It was so clear and could see every detail that the camera captured. My biggest concern was that Litchi app did not show controller and HD video signal strengths while in FPV mode. I wish it would give you the option to show all or some of the items that you'd see in the non-FPV view. Other than that, it was awesome.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+