DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Going to California in August, Coming from the EU (NL) Possible or not ? ?

Sparcky

Reactions
Hi,

I am going to visit California in August and I would like to take my drone with me.
My Mavic or Spark and I am coming/living in the Netherlands.
Should I register it somewhere ? Customs ? (
Any hints or tips welcome.
(also for places to visit, I am staying in Santa Clara.)

Up until a month ago you would have been legally required to register with the FAA but that law has been struck down. Just know the rules (Google them) and use common sense with regards to flying near other people, private property, and of course manned aircraft. Lots of beautiful flying areas around there, and of course plenty of sunny days! Look for local signs banning drone use like parks or beaches especially.

Reactions: Sparcky
I'm about an 1.5 hour drive from Santa Clara on a good day. There is a lot to see in the bay area. Unless you like to look at farm country I would be no help. :)

Just remember California is the land of don'ts and cannots. So many rules and restrictions on personal liberty there. Do not light up anything you don't buy in a store there for instance. Visit Colorado if you want to do that. Also, there's much discussion of massive die-offs of sea creatures up and down the coast, but it isn't on the main stream news. It would be interesting to hear your observations. Hard to tell what's real anymore with all the propaganda passing as news these days. California has a wonderful natural beauty, hope you have a great time there!

I'm about an 1.5 hour drive from Santa Clara on a good day. There is a lot to see in the bay area. Unless you like to look at farm country I would be no help. :)

I'll let you know when I have landed, First a few days work, but than I can explore the environments... And we maybe we can meet for a "flight' Thumbswayup