DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Good Lord! Find Me A Place To Fly!!

Robbyg

Reactions
As per the other thread I looked at the DJI Go4 Apps internal NFZ Database for North America and WoW !!

I was going to post this in the other thread but I have a feeling the Mods are going to take it down.

NFZ_NA.jpg

Rob

Last edited:
I believe that my mind is officially blown! Hopefully (with help) I'll recover, Wish me luck. Very sobering

Last edited:
The Brits and French might be worst off :eek:

Britain.jpg

Rob

Reactions: Former Member
Just make sure youre on the right side of the ice shelf when it breaks off. And stick with the penguins, they know where to go.
And make sure that you make some Mavic vids of the event. For posterity purposes only of course !

Ah.. there..a little space if you hurry!
935de87d9ad6b622dc821c98fd98da4b.jpg

Reactions: garrion
I think this is why DJI are building in battery heaters on some of the higher end RTF multirotors.
They know we are being driven out into the poles. :-(

Just make sure youre on the right side of the ice shelf when it breaks off. And stick with the penguins, they know where to go.

Yes to Penguin poop camp to lay their eggs.:eek:
I will have to learn how to fly a Mavic while keeping an Egg nestled between my feet.:D

Rob

Ah.. there..a little space if you hurry!
935de87d9ad6b622dc821c98fd98da4b.jpg
As much as Canada looks like a great place to fly.....the current interim rules from Transport Canada make it pretty much illegal the momement you take your drone out of the house.....

Reactions: Henk and iMario
Believe it or not you'll find little pockets of airspace to fly in. The DJI's app conflicts with FAA's B4UFLY app. DJI will say that you're in Class D and FAA will say that your free to fly.

Its not really that bad unless you live in a major city. Also the proportions of those maps skews the results. Look at the size of the "pins" and the space the names take up it makes it appear North America is a NFZ...

IF someone were to make a "dot" proportionate to the scale of the map, you'd see there are massive areas to fly...

Alot of you live in congested cities and suburbs. Sure right where I live, there are alot of NFZs, but it doesn't take very long for me to ride/drive to find places that I can fly legally and capture some great pics and videos...

Yes to Penguin poop camp to lay their eggs.:eek:
I will have to learn how to fly a Mavic while keeping an Egg nestled between my feet.:D

Rob

Yes the life of a male penguin is quite burdensome. All they get to do is sit on the eggs while their wives go out and have fun all day. Then after the baby is born, they have to feed them too. Maybe best to forget my penguin suggestion, and follow a polar bear. I just hope your not a vegetarian.

Reactions: Strafe1
I am having a better look at this Database. I mean 12.7MB of just NZB Text is unbelievable. I am going to try and pull the one from Ver 4.04 App and see how big that file is. I suspect its less than half the size. This DB explains why the app ballooned after ver 4.05

Rob

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toninhostark