DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Google Earth Drone View

rydfree

Reactions
Wouldn't it be nice if Google Earth could tap into the vast drone use today and incorporate user submitted aerial views of the landscape for higher definition street views ? Set minimum and maximum limits for altitude of course . Maybe min 150' with max at 400' . it would be a cool way to get updated pics of ones property but I guess you would have people doing stupid stuff in the pics just to get their minute of fame on GE as they try to do with Youtube . Google will probably get a drone of there own before too long that constantly flies around getting aerial pics .

Wouldn't it be nice if Google Earth could tap into the vast drone use today and incorporate user submitted aerial views of the landscape for higher definition street views ? Set minimum and maximum limits for altitude of course . Maybe min 150' with max at 400' . it would be a cool way to get updated pics of ones property but I guess you would have people doing stupid stuff in the pics just to get their minute of fame on GE as they try to do with Youtube . Google will probably get a drone of there own before too long that constantly flies around getting aerial pics .

I think you can upload google photo spheres, also from a drone. I have created some with my phone from ground level, see below. I think we should also be able to use the stitched photo spheres that you create with ICE and upload to facebook. Haven't tried that yet.

Google Maps

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica