DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Googles and old firmware question

Vasco

Reactions
i just receive my googles yesterday and today I make my first test flight . My mavic running old .0200 firmware version and my googles came with .0600 ver.

Googles works great except flight modes ( head tracking and gimble tracking ) and also auto take off function through googles which when select one of them I got a message that this function can not be used and try to restart remote .

Is this because of old firmware version ?

Do any one else try these functions with my firmware versions ?

The head tracking stuff works fine with .400 on the Mav and .500 to .700 on the goggles but I have no idea about auto take off since I have never tried it from the goggles. I don't have firmware .200 to make a test with.

Rob

I also have stayed on the 200 version of Firmware because it has been working great and I figured why upgrade if it is not broken. I have DJI Goggles coming next month and was wondering what is the lowest firmware version that will operate with them. I get very concerned about all the NFZ restrictions in the newer versions. DJI Assistant only offers 550, 600, 700 and 800 as upgrade options. They do not offer me 400 anymore. I am just outside a Class C airspace but in a Class G area and do not want the new software to ground me. I also have my remote pilot certificate so I know the rules and do not need DJI to decide if I fly or not.

Googles working fine with 200 except of head tracking and head gimble head control function and also auto take off function . I presume that should be firmware issue that these functions not working

unfortunately the head tracking functions are the reason I bought the goggles. I hear too many questionable things about the 800 firmware, will head tracking work with 550, 600 or 700?

Head tracking works fine if both the goggles and the Mavic are on .700. The only issue is the smoother control of the head-tracking and gimbal only comes on the .800 goggles firmware, so on .700 it's rather jerky. But goggles on .800 and mavic on .700 the head tracking is broken.

Thanks HFMan, those are the answers I was looking for. I am not 100% sure I like the changes on the 800 software.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji