DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GoPro Karma 2017 Reviewed.

The riding in your video doesn't really show anything that benefits from a gimbal so it gives no indication the gimbal works that well, the Karma was designed for both the drone and action activities - its performance is absolutely superb on rough stuff:

John

I'm not sure what you mean? A good example is at the super rough stuff at the :27 sec mark in (my) video above.... the bike is bouncing all over the place and the video is rock solid... just like in the example you posted.

Yes, the GoPro Grip can be mounted to a pack, I also have a "grip" setup (but not GoPro brand) and although, yes it works, it's still a lot more cumbersome to use (on a bike). That being said a grip is definitely useful when you stop to take hand held "pass by" shots and a hand help grip has it's place.

Anyway, to me, even being a GoPro user and somewhat a fan of their cameras, I see nothing useful about the Karma/Grip combo setup for me personally. Obviously each of us have our preferences about equipment. I just would not trade the qualities of my P4P or Mavic for a Karma, but would buy the equipment separately, as I have done.

GoPro had a slim shot at the marketplace because of their brand name... I think they really missed the boat. About 4 years ago they had an opportunity to work with DJI, instead they decided to compete against them... and it has not gone very well for them I'm afraid.

And - I have to say it - I love that reviewer... He cracks me up.

"...Makes it the SECOND worst drone I have ever flown..". I was dying...

I was just about the comment the exact same thing. I've never seen him before, but he had me cracking up. I ended up skipping through some of his other videos.

Has anyone said Karma is a ***** yet?
GoPro has to be the least innovative company ever concieved.%10 of their budget is making small yearly changes to
their only product. %90 is for sponsoring extreme sports and screenprinting Banners to plaster said events with.

DJI can go make an action camera now if they like, FAIL, and still come out looking better than Go(semi)Pro.

Mavic Pro prices actually went up. Probably so not to be associated with this crappy flying Action Camera.

Has anyone said Karma is a ***** yet?
GoPro has to be the least innovative company ever concieved.%10 of their budget is making small yearly changes to
their only product. %90 is for sponsoring extreme sports and screenprinting Banners to plaster said events with.

DJI can go make an action camera now if they like, FAIL, and still come out looking better than Go(semi)Pro.

Mavic Pro prices actually went up. Probably so not to be associated with this crappy flying Action Camera.
Same price for me over here.

I feel sorry for GoPro, this brings back terrible memories of the 1980's when it became obvious to everyone that the Japanese companies made better cars than American car companies.
I cannot imagine how crushing it must be to be a GoPro employee to try and sell a Karma to anybody. How do you motivate yourself to sell much less buy a Karma?

The part of that video that scared me the most was the sudden battery power drop. How do you plan out a flight if 30% of the way there the drone suddenly does not have enough power to even return home!

Sad, real Sad..
You've never owned a suburban or a Z71 or a z28 . I put my wife and kids in the largest thing on the road not a tin can with a weed eater motor. They do make bad *** bikes I own several of them, but wife only rides the ultra classic .
I agree karma is junk , if an American company made a decent drone I would buy it (solo,have several, took work to make them good)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji