DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GoPro Karma is back

I think that's going to be a REALLY tough sell for them now. If all they've done is fix the battery disconnection issue, then it's still a LONG WAY behind the competition from what I saw of the reviews. There were so many issues with it.

It's a shame because some healthy competition to DJI would benefit all of us.

I don't think there is significant traction to get the gopro karma flying off the shelves (no pun intended). Perhaps the gopro die hard fans would still give another go at it. (I probably would given the chance. :p)

I already have the camera and Karma Grip. When they come out with just the drone and controller i will buy it just to mess around with

I don't think there is significant traction to get the gopro karma flying off the shelves (no pun intended). Perhaps the gopro die hard fans would still give another go at it. (I probably would given the chance. :p)
I also said this when the Mavic was announced, only the diehard GoPro fans would be excited about the Karma. If you are a drone fan with knowledge of drones and specs of drones, you'd be hard pressed to find one of those people picking the Karma over the Mavic. The Mavic just is better in every category over the Karma. And this is a GoPro fan speaking, but I own a Mavic. IF the Karma was made by any other company other than GoPro, we wouldn't even be talking about it. I rather have a Yuneec or an Autel over the Karma.

That being said, I do love my GoPro Hero 4 Silver, and would love to get a GoPro Hero 5 and a Karma Grip (though I read some bad things about it).

I had a Karma: For what it's worth.I never had any issues with it. To me the modular design is better for multi use. That's why I went that route. That being said. I am sure I will enjoy the mavic for it's abilities and portability.

The mavic itself maybe more portable. But the karma controller with the built in screen was pretty slick. Still planning on a homebuilt phone mount. Not going to remove my case for every flight!

At least the mavic is lighter. The karma was a porker for weight!

When I received the email from GoPro today in regards to the Karma, I thought that I had my Inbox sorted incorrectly and it was possibly an old email.

Reactions: Kilrah
I'd hate to be the person at GoPro that had to give the final OK for it go back up for sell
You can bet that it isn't the same person as the last time. He/she are still looking for employment

Reactions: BeneluxStudio
I guess we'll see if this one is any better :D

I just don't see any value in what they're offering personally

You think a percentage of virtually anything sold isn't exactly that anyways?

Reactions: Kilrah
The more I have looked at the Karma, I don't think its that bad. In fact, its very close to being the better option for most people. I love my Mavic, and certainly not switching, but here are my opinions:

1. Karma camera is far superior to the Mavic. Its much wider field of view. MUCH wider. Most of us shoot landscapes and want dramatic effects, and thats what you get from the Karma. Has more clarity to boot. I wish Mavic's camera had alternative lenses you could swap out.

2. The range on the Karma is 1.8 miles. Thats pretty much the extent of the comfort zone for most Mavic users i've read here, including me. Particularly with the short battery of both, you cant spend much time 4+ miles away away anyways.

3. Karma max height is 10,500 feet. If you are flying that high....god bless! Height is high for both.

4. Speed. 35 mph vs 40 mph. Ehhh. Both fast, but also most users aren't speed racers, we are trying to capture dramatic footage.

5. Remote. I would actually prefer the Karma remote with a screen with its option to use my phone with it.

6. Now the size. Thats where Mavic wins in a long shot. I travel through airports with my Mavic in a tiny camera bag, and its like carrying a small lunch. Love it. However, Karma will certainly be able to shrink this thing and have the arms fold better in short order.

Thats just my 2 cents. Better (wider view) camera or compact convenient device. Thats the 2 biggest decisions for most people, in my opinion.

If go pro had given me the option to buy mine (ie the exact one I had purchased) back I would have.

I'd really like to buy the Karma since I have the Hero 5, but I think I'll wait to see if it survives to see a Version 2 and better features such as obstacle avoidance. Good luck GoPro. Until then, I'll be waiting patiently for my MP.

Reactions: jonny2pints
Ironically, I really like the name Karma. But MP I like better, minus camera....

- Sport Mode addict, ride the wind!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580