DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Got Lucky

Impressive video. I'm even more impressed with the immaculate condition of the house/yard. Does anyone live there, or is it just staged for sale/rent? If I tried to fly a drone in my house, the blades would start smoking from all the dog hair and dust bunnies it would kick up.

Impressive video. I'm even more impressed with the immaculate condition of the house/yard. Does anyone live there, or is it just staged for sale/rent? If I tried to fly a drone in my house, the blades would start smoking from all the dog hair and dust bunnies it would kick up.
Same here, if I took any footage inside the house, the wife would be horrified, and 'need' me to tidy up first.

Cool vid,

Youre name might be "crashburn" but that was an impressive save frome the Mavic at 2:44. Seen one more vid. of a simular save.
Hats off to the Mavic!

Just out of curiosity was this shot using Tripod mode? If so, the side to side movements seem a bit fast.

Cool vid,

Youre name might be "crashburn" but that was an impressive save frome the Mavic at 2:44. Seen one more vid. of a simular save.
Hats off to the Mavic!
Used Sport mode, tripod is very slow. I don't think avoidance sensors work well in these situations. Really stupid to be flying with my phone, instead of my tablet and/or goggles so I could have seen the dead limb - which wasn't there when I flew there a couple of days before. I heard the crash, then could still hear the Mavic running so I assumed it was hung up in the tree. I left the controller and ran through the woods to try to see the Mavic and when I saw it peacefully hovering, then I had to run back to my house to get the controller, and I had stopped the recorder and didn't realize it wasn't still recording until after I watched the footage. The Mavic continued on like nothing happened, only had a small mark on one of the props. I've had my share of crashes with other drones, and I'm very impressed with the Mavic.
Just out of curiosity was this shot using Tripod mode? If so, the side to side movements seem a bit fast.

Last edited:
One of my earlier drones was a Parrot BEEBOP which I had to pilot via my phone...man I all I ever did was crash that freaking thing

Yeah, but my point is that the right thing to do then is turn them off rather than switch to sport! Don't really want to be in the mode in which the sticks are the most sensitive to fly in a cramped place...

Yeah, but my point is that the right thing to do then is turn them off rather than switch to sport! Don't really want to be in the mode in which the sticks are the most sensitive to fly in a cramped place...
Good point, should be lots easier. I think I'll just stick to outdoors from now on, use regular gps mode with sensors and use goggles or tablet to try to see and avoid dead branches

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+