DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GPS signal too weak.

scooby

Reactions
I've been trying to get the follow me mode to work but every time I try it tells me the GPS signal is too weak. The mavic sets the home point fine but won't do the follow me mode. I'm based in New Zealand, is there something I'm missing or are there not enough satellites orbiting our country? GPS on phones etc work fine here.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Mr Migs
Follow Me - your phone sends its GPS position to the drone, so your phone's GPS has to be solid all the time, in addition to Mavic's own GPS reception.

RTH (home recorded at takeoff) relies on solid GPS reception by Mavic at time of takeoff and during the RTH process. Your phone's GPS is irrelevant unless you choose a dynamic home point.

Reactions: scooby
Follow Me - your phone sends its GPS position to the drone, so your phone's GPS has to be solid all the time, in addition to Mavic's own GPS reception.

RTH (home recorded at takeoff) relies on solid GPS reception by Mavic at time of takeoff and during the RTH process. Your phone's GPS is irrelevant unless you choose a dynamic home point.
That's why I said he needs to check his phone. That is likely the source of weak GPS. It should be obvious as the number of satellites the Mavic is connecting to is shown right on the screen.

It is not really the GPS signal that is too weak but rather the accuracy of the signal. If you are using litchi you can modify the maximum accuracy distance. If the accuracy is set to 12 m any time the GPS signal accuracy is more than 12 m the follow me mode stops but restarts once the accuracy is less or equal to 12 m. If you see that you sometimes have 18 m and this is the worst accuracy you get you just modify this maximum distance accuracy in the Litchi parameters and follow me will work perfectly.

The problem with DJI GO is that there is no way to modify this maximum accuracy and you have no information on the accuracy it self. The problem is once the accuracy is less that the one for DJI GO the follow me mode stops but does not restart automatically like on Litchi.

I haven't tried to modify the accuracy in Litchi and see whether that has an impact on DGI GO. When I do I'll let you know.

Vincent

in Litchi the follow me mode is only for androit
it is not active for ios

"Follow mode is only available on Android at this time" from the litchi web site : Help - Litchi

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke