DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gps tracker

ZeeKodadii

Reactions
Is a gps tracker necessary? I mean how often do these go down is you lose connection it just comes back. Only thing I can think of is if something hits it and brakes a prop and just goes down

Depends on how you fly. If your going out past 600 ft and your Mavic goes down for some reason you will really wish you had something like a Marco Polo or Trackimo. Mavics have gone down for a number of reasons, not just hitting branches but sometimes the drone malfunctions or even weirder stuff like a bird attacking the drone. Even if your lucky enough to get an exact GPS location it can sometimes be very challenging to find the Mavic if it crashes into tall grass or bushes. It may be on roof top or in a tree. That is when a Marco Polo can make the difference between finding it in 20 minutes or never finding it.

Rob

Only thing I can think of is if something hits it and brakes a prop and just goes down
As long as the downlink is still connected, the Mavic could be easily located using the Find My Drone feature in DJI GO or the flight log. A tracker would be more useful if you're flying beyond VLOS and/or in locations that have lots of obstacles that could cause the Mavic to become disconnected from the downlink and/or remote controller.

Like other types of insurance, a tracker is really only necessary when you need to use it. And you of course never know when you'll need to use it beforehand.

Reactions: Jerry
can any of you recommend a good affordable tracker? for like a "worst case scenario" kind of thing.

can any of you recommend a good affordable tracker?
The Marco Polo is option for the Mavic due to its small size. It'll also end up being very affordable over the life of the produce since it has no monthly/yearly fee.

The Nuzzle is a new GPS tracker that has no monthly/yearly fee. It's a 3G tracker and only works in the US. I've been testing mine over the past week and found the location is very accurate after the tracker stops moving for a few minutes. The downside is that it's fairly large when compared to something like the Marco Polo.

01.jpg

02.jpg

06.jpg

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu