DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GPS Waypoints seem to fluctuate?

BuyANet

Reactions
Ok, so let me make a long story short, I am creating a waypoint mission for a video on my mothers house that she's selling. There are quite a lot of trees around the property and at one point I'd like to fly between a large bush and a tree that have about a 12' clearance between them.

I created waypoints a little at a time using Litchi Mission Hub and all is going well, step by step. Got through between the tree and bush and kept creating my mission slowly one step at a time.

I noticed when repeating the mission, the Mavic still got by the tree and bush, but a little bit closer to the tree. On the next flight, it actually flew into the bush.

What causes such a fluctuation of the mission path, if it's guided by GPS? I've had 15+ satellites every time.

In the attached picture, Waypoint 10 and 11 is where it's flying between the tree and bush.mission.PNG

If you are expecting pin point accuracy, you will not get it. I believe with Selective Availability off, GPS gets you 4 meter RMS (7.8 meter 95% Confidence Interval) horizontal accuracy for civilian (SPS) GPS.

Reactions: SkunkWerx's
If you are expecting pin point accuracy, you will not get it. I believe with Selective Availability off, GPS gets you 4 meter RMS (7.8 meter 95% Confidence Interval) horizontal accuracy for civilian (SPS) GPS.

Like he said. Lol

Well dang I need that military grade stuff then haha. Thanks ..... maybe I ought to fly above the tree line.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000