DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Great hobby, rubbish weather

milkmanchris

Reactions
Having sold my 3PA to get a Mavic 3 weeks ago Ive had literally 3 'half' decent days to fly it.

I had better flying weather in the winter ;o(

Where are you guys taking your holidays this year and do you plan to fly while there? France in August for me, flew the 3PA every day last year for 2 weeks, nothing really interesting to look at but great flying never the less.

Reactions: Gaz Mc
Yea i flew more in winter than right now i have three days off and all i see is trees bending over lol. Thailand for me again soon

Reactions: edmonds217
Hiya! And welcome to the Forum! I take it you are in the UK? If so yes the weather has been a bit rubbish lately :( But I still manage to get out flying.

I'm also a newbie on here an only just got mine 3 weeks ago too, so we are in the same boat so to speak! Have you done any firmware updates yet? I'm still on .400..

Going to Turkey next month but not planning on taking my drone as I don't fancy it getting snaffled by customs!

Tony
PS - are you the milkmanchris who is my friend on Xbox? GT=GreenBhoy ??!!

Reactions: edmonds217
Having sold my 3PA to get a Mavic 3 weeks ago Ive had literally 3 'half' decent days to fly it.

I had better flying weather in the winter ;o(

Where are you guys taking your holidays this year and do you plan to fly while there? France in August for me, flew the 3PA every day last year for 2 weeks, nothing really interesting to look at but great flying never the less.
I have ha a Phantom 4 since last September and flown quite a bit since.
Same as you - I recently got a Mavic and the weather here hasn't been the best.

Off to Portugal on Monday but not 100% sure if I will take the Mavic with me. I want to but a bit nervous of taking it to be honest !!

Hucking Fell mate, I 've had my Mav for about 2 months now, never seen such a long period of stormy weather... every now and then there are one or two days where I can fly, the rest of the days it has been at least 3 bft straight with the intermittent storm, rainstorm, just extremely gusty or otherwise unflyable.... waaaaahhhhhh!!! :mad::mad::mad:

So what are your plans on firmware chaps? I'm @ .400 and was thinking of sticking. Is it a risky strategy?

And yes Chris, good old AVF! Haven't been on there for a while - all my AV kit is in storage awaiting a new house!

So what are your plans on firmware chaps? I'm @ .400 and was thinking of sticking. Is it a risky strategy?

I updated simply because it came out the box and that's what it did.

Only had chance to fly it 3/4 times and all seems good so far

Reactions: GreenBhoy
I've only had my MP since the last bank holiday and haven't been able to get out much because of the crappy weather. I've only really managed to get in the air a hand full of times for a quick zip around before the rain started again. I had a plan to go out this morning but near enough as soon as I open the door...rain. It's supposed to be summer right?!

Had my mavic three weeks now, not had a decent day when i've not been working yet :(

Had mine two weeks, wind has been the biggest problem. Flown it about 10 times so far, beauty of the mavic is it's no chore to keep it in the car so if I see something and I get a break in the weather just get it up and get a quick photo or vid.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98