DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Great landing pad

CCDD

Reactions
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JO53XRI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Ordered this through Amazon for under $30 delivered. Although it took nearly 2 weeks due to coming from China, it still came in before my new toy. You save about 7-$10 by ordering overseas, I have a feeling those that order this will likely have it before their Mavic. It's large, about 42", reversible (see the two different designs), springs open when removed from its storage pouch and appears that it will hold up as the nylon material stretch tightly due to outer perimeter flexible ring. It's light enough to carry and folds up relatively small. Also, there are 3 stakes to firmly hold this down however, I don't think my Inspire would get this to shift during takeoff or landing with the use of them.
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Romi and Derf
It looks similar but the one you show appears to be considerably smaller although, may be suitable for the Mavic.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JO53XRI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Ordered this through Amazon for under $30 delivered. Although it took nearly 2 weeks due to coming from China, it still came in before my new toy. You save about 7-$10 by ordering overseas, I have a feeling those that order this will likely have it before their Mavic. It's large, about 42", reversible (see the two different designs), springs open when removed from its storage pouch and appears that it will hold up as the nylon material stretch tightly due to outer perimeter flexible ring. It's light enough to carry and folds up relatively small. Also, there are 3 stakes to firmly hold this down however, I don't think my Inspire would get this to shift during takeoff or landing with the use of them.
View attachment 208 View attachment 209 View attachment 210

Just make your own out of cardboard.

Reactions: Kev Parry
I just saw them however, for the extra few bucks, I personally would rather have it with the "H" on it.

There are cheaper reflectors for photography, fold up the same way, in 32" and larger sizes. There are 5-in-1 versions that are Gold(reflective)/Silver(reflective)/Black/White/Translucent. For example, https://amzn.com/B002ZIVKAE

You could use the white on dark surfaces (lawn for example) and the black on light surfaces (beach sand). Maybe not as cool as having a miniature helipad design on it, but probably effective.

Just curious, would you guys still use a landing pad if you were comfortable with hand takeoffs/landings?

I've hand caught/launched many times with my P3P....but only when it was unsafe to do them on the ground due to strong winds, rough/uneven terrain, tall grass, sand/dirt, etc., etc. My preferred method is ground...as I like to just sit and relax. As for retrieving my drone after landing? That's what my son if for. ;)

Reactions: kmaluo
Here's a 22" reflector for about $5: Glow Portable Reflector

I have a 32" (folded in bag = 12" diameter and fits nicely in my backpack) version for $7: Glow Portable Reflector

Photos here:
Structural integrity while landing
Structural integrity while landing[/QUOTE
Thanks for sharing the info & pics. I just ordered one. $7 + $5.25 shipping to WI. It won't be shipped until the 23rd do to the Jewish holiday. Hopefully my Mavic will be here before then but I'm not holding my breath....anymore!

I like it! Nice choice and thanks for the information.

Thanks for the post. It looks great and Amazon got me to order one when they said there were only 20 left! If I had any artistic talent I'd make me own but thats not the case. This will be great for travel and easy setup.

If you have one of those 'twist-N-fold' sunshades for your car (2 piece) just get a roll of yellow duct tape to make the 'H' and you're good to go. Very light, easy to fold up, and even comes with its own storage bag or strap & is 34" in diameter. Kind of light but 3 small tent stakes take care of that. Works great and you can get one at any auto parts store.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giku