DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Great video commercial showing the goggles

skypros

Reactions
Wow.... Like a real video game.... Very exciting!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Love how stuff like this always shows flying the Mavic with the camera bubble attached. Also, who buys a $1000 drone and $700 goggles for racing? ;-)

What's wrong with flying with the bubble attached? I wouldn't want it on there for photo/video since It might produce a little more glare, but if I'm just flying for fun in sport mode I think I'd rather have it on for some protection.

Reactions: sirnikolas
Yep, if I am not worried about video or photos, will be keeping it on as well. ESPECIALLY while learning to fly. (as Pink Floyd echoes in the background)

Reactions: Romi
I would think it will distort the FPV. If you are flying with goggles, you aren't flying with the bubble on I would think. It will catch a lot of glare and distortion.

I have seen a few videos that have show it with the globe on and off. And while there is a touch of glare, it isnt anything that would hamper vision. there isnt any real distortion until you get to the outer edges of the frame, at which case, it doesnt really matter.

Personally, not gonna enter any fpv races with the Mavic. And a bit of glare wont hurt nearly as bad as a mistake that the bubble could have protected the gimbal and camera.

May be some third party reseller will propose a bubble with anti reflection coating...

Maher

I have seen a few videos that have show it with the globe on and off. And while there is a touch of glare, it isnt anything that would hamper vision. there isnt any real distortion until you get to the outer edges of the frame, at which case, it doesnt really matter.

Personally, not gonna enter any fpv races with the Mavic. And a bit of glare wont hurt nearly as bad as a mistake that the bubble could have protected the gimbal and camera.
I've wondered what video looks like with vs without the bubble. Can you provide a link?

The video was fun to watch but is pretty obviously marketing noise. Difficult to imagine that flight happening in reality, no less with a live link.

906bc83ba64dc42e3cdb7c0101bd8ea2.jpg
8cd9eb0851585b915b76f1ad9332ad04.jpg
6900f138faeb92d8aeb3f9bb061ad142.jpg

So I just found this, and it saddened me: MavicPro - Mark and Romeo's Aerial Adventures ...

"The goggles use OcuSync to display video directly from Mavic Pro, not the controller, reducing lag to an incredible 120 milliseconds."
120 milliseconds is very good by current digital video transmission from drones, but still far, far too high to realistically race a drone. A tenth of a second is easily enough time, to, when moving at 40mph, crash into a wall or tree. Object detection should help with that, but still.

I'll probably end up buying them (and the Mavic Pro) at some point anyways, but my decision to buy the thing pretty much hinged on the latency being less than 50ms. I'm sure it'll happen within the next few years though :)

These don't seem as streamline as the Mavic itself .....

A tenth of a second is easily enough time, to, when moving at 40mph, crash into a wall or tree. Object detection should help with that, but still.
You cannot do 40mph with object avoidance on. At best 20mph is the top speed with OA enabled.

You cannot do 40mph with object avoidance on. At best 20mph is the top speed with OA enabled.
And besides, object detection is off by default in Sport mode.
Love how Advert guys always forget things like 'how is the quad receiving a signal deep in those canyons, trees, and hills' Whatever happened to LOS, and where is the spotter? Oh those pesky details....

Last edited:
Heh, yeah, not surprising. Advertisers generally forget that sort of stuff ;) in this case it's kind of a big deal though - they even add a little asterisk when bragging about the speed (under experimental conditions, with LOS) within the ad itself, lol.

Sad to hear the sport mode/detection thing though. I can handle avoiding objects at low speeds manually, it's at high speeds where my reaction time is what really matters.

Is there a head tracker in this goggles linked to the Mavic camera?

Sah-weet...looks like the range on that thing may be even better than the advertised 4.3 miles! I mean, they wouldn't create marketing material that wasn't true to real life, right?

On a serious note, those goggles look larger than the Mavic itself!

Sah-weet...looks like the range on that thing may be even better than the advertised 4.3 miles! I mean, they wouldn't create marketing material that wasn't true to real life, right?

On a serious note, those goggles look larger than the Mavic itself!
Yes, those googles are large, because we all have big heads. :D I sure hope they have diopter power adjustments adequate for old farts.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoBeeshy