DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Great video showing Active Tracking...with obstacles too!

If the slow orbit had come a little further, the drone would have been going too much sideways for the Avoidance to catch it!!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Is it possible for active track to record from the front?

I'm sorry we missed the part where the troopers pulled you over for operating your 4-wheeler on a city street.

Interesting how he had to manually adjust for height. Too bad you can't enable terrain following at the same time. I'm assuming that "enable obstacle avoidance" in ActiveTrack was turned off? If it was on, I would have expected it to try and move around the tree.

Very impressive . ...

Interesting how he had to manually adjust for height. Too bad you can't enable terrain following at the same time. I'm assuming that "enable obstacle avoidance" in ActiveTrack was turned off? If it was on, I would have expected it to try and move around the tree.
At 4:13 just when he drives under the small tree, you can see in the arc of 4 green bars just above center (that's the obstacle avoidance indicator) that one of them turns orange, indicating that it "sees" the tree. Then again at 6:35 when the large tree causes the drone to stop, the whole bar turns orange.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mavic_Man504
Who's whining?!? Just trying to understand its behavior. If obstacle avoidance is enabled it is supposed to move around objects it detects. Assuming it is enabled then there is possibly a limit as to how far it will deviate. We should understand its limitations as well as its (formidable) capabilities.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Good Vid!, Great setup on the tree crash!
I had the sound off like normal don't know if that made more funny or not. Thumbswayup

Hey we got thumbs here. :)
Why are they black, to match the Mavic?

Rod

So it cant follow a subject and auto adjust for height (terrain follow)?? Or can it provided you are within the 13M VPS limit??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada