DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Green and Red LEDS on the MP?

armoredsaint

Reactions
Why is the front Red and the rear Green? I would think it's the other way around, maybe I am thinking about brake lights being at the back.

Maybe red is easier to see, it's the same on my small quadcopter. I don't know just an idea.

Why is the front Red and the rear Green? I would think it's the other way around, maybe I am thinking about brake lights being at the back.

I think their notion is "red is danger coming towards us"

I wish they'd put them on properly. Green on the right; red on the left; white on the tail. Properly masked to aviation standard. This would really help with orientation when in ATTI.
upload_2017-3-16_11-16-24.png

^^^I agree. And it comes from nautical rules.

^^^I agree. And it comes from nautical rules.

Originally, indeed, but since this is airborne, that is the reference - further, the angles of coverage are not the same.

In particular, nautical lights are not supposed to overlap, whereas aviation light overlap white-red and green-white a small amount.

I was wrong about the overlap - sorry about that! (110+110+140 obviously adds up to 360°).

Last edited:
Maybe red is easier to see, it's the same on my small quadcopter. I don't know just an idea.

Actually, I believe that the human eye is most sensitive to light in the green region and is much less sensitive to red light. That's why a green laser pointer appears to be so much more intense than a red laser pointer even though the two pointers may have about the same laser power.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute