DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from Atlanta, Georgia!!

jerryhsu1

Reactions
I'm new to drone photography and am excited to join this great community! I got my drone last Thursday but realized that most of Atlanta is situated in multiple no-fly zones. Am currently waiting for opportunities to fly my baby :"(

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum :)

I'm new to drone photography and am excited to join this great community! I got my drone last Thursday but realized that most of Atlanta is situated in multiple no-fly zones. Am currently waiting for opportunities to fly my baby :"(
Welcome to the squad! Im from Decatur

Reactions: jerryhsu1
Howdy! Glad to meet someone else in GA! Any recommended locations to fly around here that is not within a no-fly zone?
Not really, to be honest everywhere is a no fly zone. But ive flown at some cool places which were more than likely no fly zones. Its unfortunate but thats what the apps B4UFLY and Hover say.

Not really, to be honest everywhere is a no fly zone. But ive flown at some cool places which were more than likely no fly zones. Its unfortunate but thats what the apps B4UFLY and Hover say.
Well I guess we can technically fly without getting caught if we remain low-key... Here at Tech we have people flying drones around campus. It's technically not allowed, but nobody gets in trouble for that

Reactions: Nate107
Well I guess we can technically fly without getting caught if we remain low-key... Here at Tech we have people flying drones around campus. It's technically not allowed, but nobody gets in trouble for that

Howdy! Glad to meet someone else in GA! Any recommended locations to fly around here that is not within a no-fly zone?

Map: Restricted zones for drones in metro Atlanta

First day on here and already wanting to fly in no-fly zones just cause you know people who do.

Reactions: Nate107
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

It seemed like the day after I got my first drone (Phantom 3 4K)the laws were put into action. But to keep it 100, I fly anywhere I feel safe. Just using common sense and remember that someone could get hurt if you dont know what your doing. The Mavic is to awesome to abide by all the rules..lol...Enjoy your investment. Lets fly sometimes.

I understand that this community takes safety and regulations very seriously, and I will do my best to abide by the rules :)
I realized my previous statement was quite immature. For that I apologize and thanks for pointing out my mistake!

Anywhere outside the city you have some really beautiful places to fly. Lots of parks, rivers, lakes. You're 10 miles from the worlds busiest airport, and also close to Dekalb Peachtree Class D airspace, so its not easy flying down there, but head east 10 minutes and there are plenty of places to fly.

Anywhere outside the city you have some really beautiful places to fly. Lots of parks, rivers, lakes. You're 10 miles from the worlds busiest airport, and also close to Dekalb Peachtree Class D airspace, so its not easy flying down there, but head east 10 minutes and there are plenty of places to fly.

Any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I need to come fly with y'all. [emoji23]

I need to come fly with y'all. [emoji23]

I was just talking to some of the members of our Unmanned Flying Club and they said that notifying the air control has historically not been an issue, since most of the members fly miniquads in close proximity. However, since there has been an influx of drones on campus, GTPD has been working on legislation to govern and regulate drones on campus, so right now flying on campus is technically in a gray area. I was recommended by the members to notify the airports to be on the safe side, but who knows what restrictions will be placed on drone pilots in the future, especially since the school does not want people getting hurt on campus.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580