DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from Blighty

Reactions
Hi folks, checking in from Twickenham, UK. Have recently bought my Mavic, and I'm having great fun getting to grips with it, and I'm a pretty inexperienced flier. This was an upgrade from an AR Drone, and I'm hoping for great things :D

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Reactions: Tangible_Zadren
Welcome to DronePilots newest forum . :)

Welcome from NL! Only a member since a week myself, but found this forum nice and knowledgeable albeit maybe a bit unstructured. Use the search function and you'll find more answers than you can ask questions :)

I fly on Blackheath -(S E London)- sometimes. Local regulations forbid the flying of powered aircraft, but then go on to define powered aircraft as anything "powered by liquid fuel"... so electric is ok.

Anyone can turn up. Park at the car park at Sheen Gate, then walk straight out, parallel to the road on your right, there is a path, cross the road ahead and 100m is the flying ground. Shout if your'e going, might be able to meet you there.

Thanks... nothing planned at the moment, but will let you know if and when. Nice area to fly...was that fixed wing mode or gimbal on FPV?

That's great, I didn't know they had an area you could fly. So far, I've been constrained to Kneller Gardens, which gets gets very boring, very quickly; though I did fly in the Yorkshire Dales a couple of weeks ago. I'll check out Richmond :)

Reactions: Soundtekk
That's great, I didn't know they had an area you could fly. So far, I've been constrained to Kneller Gardens, which gets gets very boring, very quickly; though I did fly in the Yorkshire Dales a couple of weeks ago. I'll check out Richmond :)

Will be there Monday or Tuesday I hope

So, I popped down to Richmond Park on Sunday, with the Mavic, dog and good lady all in tow. There was a guy there who was just leaving with his Mavic, and an older bloke who was flying a couple of fixed-wing models. He was quite the ancient sourpuss, and took a dim view of drone pilots in general, and particularly ones breaching the rules of 'his' park.

I think he was quite ready to declare us unskilled, loutish voyeurs after watching my autolanding, and this was right before he nearly carved a chunk out of my bird, AND my dog with an appalling landing, made way too close to people. /sigh :rolleyes:

Short version:watch out for grumpy people in Richmond. :)

Pleased we were able to find the spot though, was a decent walk, and a nice looking flying site.

Reactions: Soundtekk
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000