DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from Brasov, Romania.

Capra Vecinului

Reactions
Hello there!
As only a few "foldable birds" made it to my country until now, I assume I'm the first one to represent Dracula's country around here :)
New to drones; got my Mavic on the 16-th of January; totally thrilled by its features and flight performance; looking forward to solving questions, sharing my experience and learning from others!

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Reactions: Capra Vecinului
Welcome to DronePilots newest forum . :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Enjoy your stay! There's plenty of great info here.

Hi Capra this Boti I am planing on going to visit my family in Romania and planing on bringing my mavic with me. Do you know if there's any special laws on using drones in Romania for in the city of Brasov...??? I will be also visiting one of my friends in Brasov may be will run into each other

Hi Capra this Boti I am planing on going to visit my family in Romania and planing on bringing my mavic with me. Do you know if there's any special laws on using drones in Romania for in the city of Brasov...??? I will be also visiting one of my friends in Brasov may be will run into each other
Hi Boti,
Yes, we have laws, and these are pretty much restrictive:
Rule nr.1) Your Mavic needs to be registered. If you already have it registered in your own country, then it is fine. Otherwise you are not allowed to fly it, because everything past 500 grams is considerd an aircraft and needs registering.
Rule nr 2) Flights within city limits are forbidden, regardless of registration or not.
Rule nr. 3) Flights outside city limits are allowed, provided you do the following procedure: At least 30 minutes before flight, you have to contact the Ministry Of Defence here:
Phone: +40 21 315 0105
fax: +40 21 3158647
e-mail: [email protected]
and provide them the following information:
- Date and timeframe of intended flight
- Aircraft type
- Aircraft registration nr. (local or from your country)
- Defined flight area, based on a geographic point (GPS corrdinates), the radius of flight around that defined start point and also the altitude of intended flight (but not above 150 meters!). They (meaning the Ministry Of Defence) will get back to you and grant (or deny!) the right of flight.
Rule nr.4) Flying within restricted areas are forbidden (airports, militarized zones, prisons etc). Sadly, these are not marked in the GO APP as "no fly zones" as I have heard that other countries have. But I guess the Ministry of Defence will let you know if there is any in the intended flight area ;)
Rule nr. 5) It is not allowed to fly over densely populate areas (other that already mentioned) or large crowds of people
Rule nr. 6) For flights in the Danube Delta one has to contact the Contact - REZERVATIA BIOSFEREI DELTA DUNARII and ask for a flight permit, as this is a protected area.

Entire rules, in Romanian, here, BTW this is where we also register our aircrafts: 12. Operare UAV-UAS

This is what the law for Mavic types of aircraft states. Still planning to bring your aircraft to Romania? :D

Last edited:
Reactions: iMario
Wow Capra I really appreciate your detailed response... I am really happy that I asked.... :) I am still planing on bringing the Mavic. I do have it registered here in the US with the FAA. That was the 1st thing I did when I picked up my Mavic. There a lot of beautiful places there in Romanian that I would like to film mainly the country side. And I just want to be a good and responsible pilot within the country's rules that I am visiting. Again thank you for taking the time and sharing all the info. :)

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost