DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from Germany

maikm

Reactions
Hi all,

here's a new Mavic pilot. I've owned a Parrot 2.0 drone before, but was always dissatisfied with nearly every aspect of it. Inspired (pardon the pun) by a friend who owns an Inspire 1 Raw, I chose to go with DJI, ordered a Mavic Pro in September and received it on Dec 27th. Here's one of my first still shots:

mavic_0057b.jpg

Having extensive experience in serious DSLR photography, I quickly spotted an issue with a decentered lens. The upper right corner is sharp, the lower left is so blurry that I can see it sometimes even in the preview feed on the phone (but not so much in the post-processed image above). DJI offered to exchange the Mavic based on DOA rules (dead on arrival, I suppose), so I'm probably doing that soon, although I'm worrying about perhaps not having the replacement here until I leave for a trip to Iceland in a few weeks.

I have a pilot's insurance (already had one from the days with the Parrot drone), I try to be very careful about where I fly and also of course try to obey the local rules. So far the Mavic is a lot of fun and seems very reliable and capable. As soon as the lens problem is rectified, I'll sure be happy. (Video quality is already great, as the extreme corners are cut in 16:9 anyway.)

Regards
Maik

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Reactions: wjkrysak and maikm
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Reactions: Dedal
Welcome to DronePilots newest forum Maik . :)

Reactions: wjkrysak and maikm
Hi Maik, welcome here from another German [emoji6] where did you buy your Mavic? I've ordered mine on 5th October and I'm still waiting for... So, if I were you I would not change the device, as you probably won't have it back until you leave. Iceland? Wow, great thing! I hope to be there in about two years, when my daughter will be old enough... and I got my Mavic [emoji6]
Anyway, looking forward to seeing some of your shots from there. Best, Randolph

Reactions: wjkrysak and Dedal
Hi Maik, welcome here from another German [emoji6] where did you buy your Mavic? I've ordered mine on 5th October and I'm still waiting for...

Hi Randolph, I ordered my Mavic in the DJI online store. And I just looked again, it wasn't September, it was November 14th. A Fly More combo. Are you sure you have an authorized payment locked in for your order?

Maik

Hi, yes, I ordered via Amazon, have had asked several times for delivery status, but I was told that DJI can't cope with the high demand. So I have to wait ;-) best, Randolph

Gesendet von meinem E5823 mit Tapatalk

Hi kricke, I ordered my Mavic in a Saturn store the first week of October and got two days before x-mas. I'm happy and really surprised about all features and also the nice camera.
Maik, which settings you have done?
609d59f96d1ef50c654a83cb2de97176.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Maik, which settings you have done?

Experimenting and still learning, so what I currently have set is probably not very relevant. The last few days have been too cold to fly anyway, and my Mavic is going back to DJI on Monday.

Hi Maik, welcome here from another German [emoji6] where did you buy your Mavic? I've ordered mine on 5th October and I'm still waiting for... So, if I were you I would not change the device, as you probably won't have it back until you leave. Iceland? Wow, great thing! I hope to be there in about two years, when my daughter will be old enough... and I got my Mavic [emoji6]
Anyway, looking forward to seeing some of your shots from there. Best, Randolph

Would any of you From Germany mind sharing which Insurance company you went with. I had my Drone since Christmas and didn’t realize I needed insurance until I found this Forum. I’m still on Beginners Mode and only fly in My Backyard. I’m grounded until I get this part figured out. Thank you.

Welcome to the forum from Georgia, USA.
You will find plenty of helpful information and advice. We look forward to your participation and you view of the world.

Welcome to the forum from Georgia, USA.
You will find plenty of helpful information and advice. We look forward to your participation and you view of the world.
Thank you. As soon as I get this insurance thing figured out I’ll be up and flying around Europe

Eager to see your camera angle. I was born and raised in Germany. Military family, german mother. Every military tour, family moved back to Germany. My mother family is from Weisbaden/Mainz. I went to school in Frankfurt. I have returned for visits, but it has been several years. Your views from the air will make me homesick and ready to visit again. Wish you well with your flights.

Eager to see your camera angle. I was born and raised in Germany. Military family, german mother. Every military tour, family moved back to Germany. My mother family is from Weisbaden/Mainz. I went to school in Frankfurt. I have returned for visits, but it has been several years. Your views from the air will make me homesick and ready to visit again. Wish you well with your flights.
All of the places you’ve mentioned are a stones throw from where I am.

Reactions: wjkrysak
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme