DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from Newcastle, Australia

Morden

Reactions
Hi,
I got my mavic a couple of weeks ago and have had several successful flights.
I decided to stick to some advice I read that said to practice manually flying the mavic.
So my first few flights have been at the local oval practicing flying around fast, slow, taking off and landings and slow maneuvering etc.

I have had a couple people come up to me whilst flying and both times they were very interested in the mavic.

A couple of days ago I took the mavic down to the shore of a local lake in the early evening and did some flying out over the water. The mavic behaved perfectly in spite of my shaking fingers as I watched it fly out over the water.

Here is my first panoramic photo using 5 shots.

View media item 539

Last edited:
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum :)

Hi mate,

I too am from Newcastle and got my Mavic a few days ago and still getting used to it.
Can you tell me in which areas of Newcastle you fly your Mavic? Because as I can see most of the airspace in Newcastle is not allowed for drones according to Can I Fly There app.

Cheers
Sam

I am also from Newcastle. I Live in Macquarie hills. There are lots of places to fly if you head out of the city a bit. Don’t go north as the RAAF base pretty much has that all locked down.

I am also from Newcastle. I Live in Macquarie hills. There are lots of places to fly if you head out of the city a bit. Don’t go north as the RAAF base pretty much has that all locked down.

Thanks for the reply mate. Can you suggest me a few places which are good for a beginner like me to practice flying the Mavic?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ