DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings....

Healeyman

Reactions
Hi All,

Tim here from far north Dallas, TX, USA

Until a couple of days ago, I had a Fly More kit on pre-order at Amazon. No hope of getting a delivery date there.

I visited Drones Plus in Frisco, TX, also far north Dallas. Shawn said that they had gotten some in last week and expected more this next week. I got on my smart phone and cancelled my Amazon order. I gave him my credit card and said, "Save one for me".

We'll see how that works.

In my search for a place to fly, I found a map which indicated that Carrollton had 4 places that were authorized to fly. All 4 are located between the 5 mile circle for DFW and the Addison Airport.

They are:
1) The McInnish Sports Complex on Sandy Lake Rd. west of I-35.
2) The Carrollton Senior Center/Public Library on Keller Springs just west of Josey Lane
3) Hebron High School located on Plano Parkway north of Hebron Pky (Park Blvd).
4) The Elm Fork Nature Preserve. Note - This a narrow creek and heavily wooded.

I have NOT authenticated any of these places. Check out these two maps.

Hivemapper | 3D map for drone fliers

https://blog.hivemapper.com/top-10-places-to-fly-a-drone-near-dallas-d6a28a812bbb#.fyzlhq4ju

I hope to meet up with some of you DFW guys on the ground and in the air.

Tim

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to dronePilots newest forum Tim .:)

Hi All,

Tim here from far north Dallas, TX, USA

Until a couple of days ago, I had a Fly More kit on pre-order at Amazon. No hope of getting a delivery date there.

I visited Drones Plus in Frisco, TX, also far north Dallas. Shawn said that they had gotten some in last week and expected more this next week. I got on my smart phone and cancelled my Amazon order. I gave him my credit card and said, "Save one for me".

We'll see how that works.

In my search for a place to fly, I found a map which indicated that Carrollton had 4 places that were authorized to fly. All 4 are located between the 5 mile circle for DFW and the Addison Airport.

They are:
1) The McInnish Sports Complex on Sandy Lake Rd. west of I-35.
2) The Carrollton Senior Center/Public Library on Keller Springs just west of Josey Lane
3) Hebron High School located on Plano Parkway north of Hebron Pky (Park Blvd).
4) The Elm Fork Nature Preserve. Note - This a narrow creek and heavily wooded.

I have NOT authenticated any of these places. Check out these two maps.

Hivemapper | 3D map for drone fliers

Top 10 Places to Fly a Drone near Dallas

I hope to meet up with some of you DFW guys on the ground and in the air.

Tim

Welcome to the Mavic family, from another DFW flyer.
I bought my Mavic from Don at Drones Plus as well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143