DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ground Station Pro - setting home point and other missing features

flynsign

Reactions
Hey all, hope this isn't a stupid question, but is GS Pro designed to be used in conjunction with the GO 4 app while in use?
I just downloaded GS Pro and noticed that virtually all the settings are missing including setting a home point, return to home, etc. etc. etc. though it does allow you to take off with nothing but a pause button to activate once the Mavic is in the air.

Hey all, hope this isn't a stupid question, but is GS Pro designed to be used in conjunction with the GO 4 app while in use?
I just downloaded GS Pro and noticed that virtually all the settings are missing including setting a home point, return to home, etc. etc. etc. though it does allow you to take off with nothing but a pause button to activate once the Mavic is in the air.
You have gone beyond my knowledge, I would try a search of this and the official forum, I will post a link if I find anything. A link to the manual below
Regards,
-d.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/groundstation_pro/GS_Pro_User_Manual_EN_V1.2_.pdf

After reading the manual it looks like a stand alone app, pretty cool one at that.
Regards,
-d.

I haven't found a useful tutorial - only with GS pro being used for certain missions. The user manual isn't too helpful either as I'm sure others have found out by now. It does tell you that for the End-Mission action such as 'hover' you can then 'take control of the aircraft and fly back home' but with no telemetry whatsover, not sure how you could do this safely - seems like you're flying blind. Even the smart flight features can't be accessed such as home lock.

I haven't found a useful tutorial - only with GS pro being used for certain missions. The user manual isn't too helpful either as I'm sure others have found out by now. It does tell you that for the End-Mission action such as 'hover' you can then 'take control of the aircraft and fly back home' but with no telemetry whatsover, not sure how you could do this safely - seems like you're flying blind. Even the smart flight features can't be accessed such as home lock.
There has to be some sort of resource out there, I know a lot of professionals use it.
Regards,
-d.

Here is a screen shot that explains the home point issue - this is why I was wondering if it has to be used along side of Go 4 app - but after setting a home point with the GO 4 app and with both apps being open on my ipad, GS Pro still says "home point unknown"

Here is a screen shot that explains the home point issue - this is why I was wondering if it has to be used along side of Go 4 app - but after setting a home point with the GO 4 app and with both apps being open on my ipad, GS Pro still says "home point unknown"
Yeah, the manual does not go into much detail. I do not know.
Regards,
-d.

I used my adobe search field in the GS PRO manual and there is ZERO reference in regards to setting a home point. Someone must know as it has been out for several months now.

Last edited:
As a practice do you or do you not set your first waypoint close to where you are taking off from? I do. Maybe the Start point in GSP is the home point.

Reactions: mavin
If that is the case then why does the app tell me that the home location is unknown ?

If that is the case then why does the app tell me that the home location is unknown ?
if you check out the "waypoint" video in the manual the first thing it shows is a guy tapping the home point icon. Any help?
Regards,
-d.

if you check out the "waypoint" video in the manual the first thing it shows is a guy tapping the home point icon. Any help?
Regards,
-d.
If you're referring to the round blue button in the first few seconds of the vid, that was the "new mission" button.

If you're referring to the round blue button in the first few seconds of the vid, that was the "new mission" button.
Or, conversely, can you not set a homepoint until you have the drone powered up and ready to fly?
Regards,
-d.

Or, conversely, can you not set a homepoint until you have the drone powered up and ready to fly?
Regards,
-d.
I tried that when powered up - there is simply no place in the GS Pro app to set a homepoint that I can find - so basically all you can do at the end of a mission is hover and fly back home with VERY limited telemetry and flight mode options - does not feel safe at all.

I use GS Pro often and have it set to return to home at the end of mission. It does without a problem. I never set anything. It sets the home point automatically for me. Haven't tried the new version just released this week yet.

If you press RTH during a mission it comes straight home at the height set in the GS app.

I use GS Pro often and have it set to return to home at the end of mission. It does without a problem. I never set anything. It sets the home point automatically for me. Haven't tried the new version just released this week yet.

If you press RTH during a mission it comes straight home at the height set in the GS app.

But many times the return to home location needs to be changed. How could you do this if needed ??
And as you can see from my screen app above, it's telling me it does not know where the returned home location is but allowing me to fly anyway.

But many times the return to home location needs to be changed. How could you do this if needed ??

I regularly open the DJI Go 4 app while running GS. To focus, to view the mission on a bigger window, to position the MP prior to running the mission, etc. Try this, take off in the Go app...reset the home point to your liking...open the GS app...run the GS mission being sure to double check the RTH height in GS. Should work.

I've had trouble focusing in GS when using GS to run a mission from take off. As a result, I often take off in Go...get to height...focus...open GS...run GS mission. Sometimes I switch back and forth between the two apps during the mission...in fact, if you switch to Go immediately after you launch a mission in GS the waypoints will be displayed in the Go app's map view allowing you to follow the mission's progress in Go.

so which app's RTH height, etc is followed assuming they are different values (even by mistake)?

so which app's RTH height, etc is followed assuming they are different values (even by mistake)?

I think the RTH height is uploaded to the MP in GS along with the waypoints, etc.. That's my guess...try it and see.

Correct.. just like flying with GO, the home point is set at launch. The new version of GS Pro does now allow manual focus, exposure control, curved radius turns at waypoints, etc. You can switch to GO if needed to make some adjustments (although I have not yet done so during flight.). Regarding navigational cues to fly home manually.. you do have the map which is plenty good. You have distance, altitude, etc... nearly everything you have on GO.

Reactions: mavin
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest