DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GSM/GPS trackers?

UAV Man

Reactions
Does anyone know of a drone friendly GSM/GPS tracker I can get for my drones should they decide they've had enough of me and try to escape!!

You can find a list of trackers that would be small enough to mount here. Mounting them on the Mavic might be tricky though.

You can find a list of trackers that would be small enough to mount here. Mounting them on the Mavic might be tricky though.
Perfect, just need to check the UK laws now... They can be a little awkward with this type of device especially when 'radio frequencies' are involved. :)

I personally use the PocketFinder tracker. It is currently a 2G device so I will probably be upgrading to a 3G device in the near future.

I personally use the PocketFinder tracker. It is currently a 2G device so I will probably be upgrading to a 3G device in the near future.

Just had a look at the pocketfinder, do you have this mounted to your Mavic? The dimensions are pretty big considering the small area on the Mavic.

Just had a look at the pocketfinder, do you have this mounted to your Mavic? The dimensions are pretty big considering the small area on the Mavic.
I haven't mounted it yet. When I do I will report back. ;)

Great info although such conflicting info on reviews on amazon and ebay, dont know what to beleive. I would have thought numerous pilots might have had some real life first-hand knowledge. I purchased the trackimo, new for $85 before noticing it was the 2g model but picked it up way below the +115 prices. I think i may return it before opening it. I like the extended batt life of the marco polo but don't know seeking system with hand held device would work out. I guess time will tell. I will share my experience if i buy one. thanks for the great support, this is a fantastic forum.

Reactions: Ryan Jenkins
FYI - PocketFinder sent me an email today stating that AT&T 2G service for them is done January 2017 (next month) so you ONLY want a 3G tracker from here on out in the USA.

FYI - PocketFinder sent me an email today stating that AT&T 2G service for them is done January 2017 (next month) so you ONLY want a 3G tracker from here on out in the USA.

Yep, T-Mobile will still keep 2G GSM around for the time being, but most of the trackers seem to use AT&T towers. Anyone buying a GSM tracker at this stage should absolutely stay away from anything that's 2G.

Canceled my order, now pondering ordering 3G model of same type or other alternative, but think I want to stay with gps type, Che
Cheap insurance even if it's 5 bucks month after the free 12 months Thanks for the heads up about 2g model everyone even if it were to stay around a while,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007