DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Had it 5 days so far....11 flights/15 miles

RallySoob

Reactions
Needless to say I am in love! I feel comfortable with it finally but still want to train myself on incident recovery scenarios so im 'trained' to handle anything that might come up. At the moment, incidents cause panic/tunnel vision/butt pucker etc . But im having so much fun making videos. Is there a list with possible problems & descriptions on how to handle each?

Almost everyone I have showed the Mavic too had no idea civilian drone tech was this advanced. My next door neighbor went inside his house and ordered one right after coming outside to see mine fly. Its unbelievable to most people still. I love to shock people with the "4.3mile range " claim... makes the eyes light up every time [emoji54]

00b677661dfe4a2cf398be5edecd4916.jpg

da7e82b738841c39526d15096386347b.jpg

7890531bc3c5d5c908d4c6385ef23659.jpg

Naah i doubt im anywhere near using it as much as some these other peeps. Luckily we have had sunshine all week. I hope to take it to coast and park with waterfalls this wknd

Cant wait til i get the nads to rely on my return to home feature & go for a distance/range test. I been using the tracking feature in spot light mode a lot lately thats my fav one right now. It allows you to lock on a target then do smooth 360 circle around object perfect panning shot every time.

Next i want to make a set of way points and send it on a mission. Using go app. I have litchi but never used it nor will I until im guaranteed it wont void warranties if incident occurs because of it

Very cool. I'll have to check how to get this info, as I have been flying just a few days myself.

BTW, born and raised in Eugene, and am a Duck through and through. Planning on being in the Eugene area this summer, would be interested in knowing some good places to fly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using MavicPilots mobile app

Did you fly at over 700 Ft??! be careful with the FAA my friend.

Sent from my SM-G935T using MavicPilots mobile app

Alot higher than that... faa 'guidelines' are important no doubt but its certainly not illegal to go over 400. Especially when there no horizontal flight on record over 400ft, just vertical

I kno a local phantom flyer that does 5-10,000 feet climbs all the time. I would bet he has done 50-100 flights well over 400' in last couple years with no ill effects. He also an attorney for living believe it or not

Last edited:
Reactions: ManVic
Very cool. I'll have to check how to get this info, as I have been flying just a few days myself.

BTW, born and raised in Eugene, and am a Duck through and through. Planning on being in the Eugene area this summer, would be interested in knowing some good places to fly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using MavicPilots mobile app

I want to try skinners butte... that would be amazing. Also alton baker park next to the ducks stadium would be perfect! And the bike path along willamette river would be great to follow around valley river area especially

The go app automatically records it all for you. You just look at your flight records to see these screens

Alot higher than that... faa 'guidelines' are important no doubt but its certainly not illegal to go over 400. Especially when there no horizontal flight on record over 400ft, just vertical

I kno a local phantom flyer that does 5-10,000 feet climbs all the time. I would bet he has done 50-100 flights well over 400' in last couple years with no ill effects. He also an attorney for living believe it or not
All I can say is that a drone through the windshield while cruising at something over 100 knots will be fatal for all onboard the aircraft. I don't know how I could live with that. 400' keeps everybody safe.

Sorry but what is the name of the app that tracks all this detail? I cannot figure it out for the life of me...

Sorry to be a noob

Needless to say I am in love! I feel comfortable with it finally but still want to train myself on incident recovery scenarios so im 'trained' to handle anything that might come up. At the moment, incidents cause panic/tunnel vision/butt pucker etc . But im having so much fun making videos. Is there a list with possible problems & descriptions on how to handle each?

Almost everyone I have showed the Mavic too had no idea civilian drone tech was this advanced. My next door neighbor went inside his house and ordered one right after coming outside to see mine fly. Its unbelievable to most people still. I love to shock people with the "4.3mile range " claim... makes the eyes light up every time [emoji54]

00b677661dfe4a2cf398be5edecd4916.jpg

da7e82b738841c39526d15096386347b.jpg

7890531bc3c5d5c908d4c6385ef23659.jpg

Open the app when the Mavic is off. In the top right corner it will have a menu button (three horizontal lines). Click on that and select "flight record".
Thanks! That was the only place I didn't look!

Thanks for sharing your stoke and flights! I have had mine about 5 days as well, but don't have the number of flights you've scored! Still loved all the flights the 4 times I've had it out. I haven't messed with spotlight yet...next!

Nice to know that!! I will fly over 400ft and see what happens, so only fly vertical and no horizontal over 400 ft, good to know.

Sent from my SM-G935T using MavicPilots mobile app

I've only flown mine 3 times. First 2 were in beginners mode, perfect for me as being a beginner. Lol My 3rd flight I was going to put in tripod mode but was unable to find the flight modes. I know where they are now. But I took it up anyway, didn't to any travelling, just straight up about 210 feet and just circled around shooting some video. Lol I'm being a little over-cautious right now but I think "better safe than sorry" is going to be my motto for quite some time while I get comfortable with it and its features. I'm still waiting to find a test location to try out the rth mode.

Reactions: RallySoob
I've only flown mine 3 times. First 2 were in beginners mode, perfect for me as being a beginner. Lol My 3rd flight I was going to put in tripod mode but was unable to find the flight modes. I know where they are now. But I took it up anyway, didn't to any travelling, just straight up about 210 feet and just circled around shooting some video. Lol I'm being a little over-cautious right now but I think "better safe than sorry" is going to be my motto for quite some time while I get comfortable with it and its features. I'm still waiting to find a test location to try out the rth mode.

Get a syma x8w for 50$ and crash it all day long then fly ur mavic and u soon realize its dang near crash proof once u have basic muscle memory

Reactions: Anthonyk and burtg
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo