DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Had it a month

Steve Gross

Reactions
Have not flown it yet. 30 days, plus. Making the best of this time reading and watching everything I can find. Getting the goggles straightened out cause I can only fly a quad with goggles.Cant get split screen to work I think that is VR? Oh well, not high up on list right now. The glyphs' are nice. And which app? Litchi or DJI? I just hovered it for the 3rd time, Family room, it is amazing, quiet and feels so nice. And my background is racing drones. Not a pro or cam guy in my past, I wanted Mavics features and automation and the HD cam feed. This quad has a great picture. I enjoy reading many here. Thank you for all your post and comments from a sort of Newbie!

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum Steve. :)

Reactions: Drone Master
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Getting the goggles straightened out cause I can only fly a quad with goggles.
Unfortunately, no goggles can be connected via HDMI. The best you could do is connect goggles to a device that has an HDMI output (like the Nvidia Shield K1). DJI will most likely eventually release their googles this year.

Litchi or DJI?
Try DJI GO 4 first and see how you like it. For many people, it does everything they need.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your replies and interest. I enjoy discussing and writing but, I usually don't write so much here as I really fear making uneducated comments and there is a wealth of info here for me to learn, for this Mavic. Several months ago, I stopped flying racing quads and sold almost all I had because I grew very tired of the constant firmware updates, the ground station required, narrow and short range and very poor video quality sent to the goggles. I wanted more as it's about video quality, automation/technology and the range, for me now. I use Assistant 2 to update firmware (on a PC) as I don't trust the other method (s) and not positively sure I am doing it correctly. I've worried so much about learning Mavic that I've had the blades off the Mavic for most of the time I've been playing. I elected to use and now believe I've found everything (hardware) I wish to fly with. Nvidia K1 it is. Found all the correctly sized interconnect cables and there are many good tablet mounts, tried 4 mounts so far. It's a very tidy and clean set up, for sure. I learned DJI GO 4 first so, I tend to stick with it. I also might believe it was designed by DJI for use with their quads and I might really fear loss of signal or glitches but, Litchi has some vocal calls I enjoy and the way points setup seems easier and, I had hoped to see 3D but the Glyphs' don't particularly like it or, I don't know what I am doing setting them up, is more likely. I won a new set of cinemizers last night for dirt cheap (I never expected to win those), should arrive in a week or so. Head tracking I do not understand setup or use and I had believed the gimbal would move left/right and up/down and, not so sure I can do head tracking with Mavic Pro. Presently I continue to study flight modes. I'm in no particular hurry to crash this Mavic. As for the video platform DJI is famous for, I have read very little about video production/reproduction as at this point, I am not so interested in that aspect as I didn't purchase Mavic for it's flying camera aspect but am certain I will enjoy that later. I really want to fly it but, am fearing a crash because of pilot error or my not knowing how to respond to some sort of equipment failure or glitch. Again, thanks for reading and your time in replies. Your comments are really appreciated.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcb2627