DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Handy cable

For those of you running an iP{ad mini, I was told about this cable on a FB forum.
I highly recommend it if you like things neat & tidy, and its only $4.99 from ALEX NLD

Saw this on their website: Elbow 8pin to USB 2.0 Data / Charger Cable for iPhone 6 & 6 Plus / iPhone 5 & 5S & 5C / iPad Air 2 & Air / iPad mini 3 & mini 2 & mini / iPod, Length: 1.02m (Black) | Alex NLD

I wonder if it's possible to connect another tablet for others to view so they stop looking over your shoulder.

Reactions: *BF*
Reactions: chad7218
Thanks *BF*
I think that cable will work really good for my iphone 7 with a battery case setup.... I ordered the one in Black.

Reactions: *BF*
Thanks *BF*
I think that cable will work really good for my iphone 7 with a battery case setup.... I ordered the one in Black.
I originally intended to use my iPhone, but was shocked at how quickly it rinsed the battery.
I opted to buy an iPad mini seeing as you dont need any mods - it fits perfectly in the existing remote handle clamps.

If anyone is interested, an iPad Mini 2 is fine - I chose the 32Gb model, and here in the UK, you can pick one up for about $250.

I reconcile that cable isn't M-fi certified not to fry your battery?

Im not sure what this means.
Basically authentication chip in the wire that tells the phone it's an authentic apple or authentic components in the cable. I wouldn't trust a non M-fi certified cable.. I've gotten one at the gas station once charged my iPhone 6 and went to go pick it up it was super hot and wouldn't turn on. Long story short called apple and they told me it was the cable and it shorted the circuitry.

Reactions: skypros
Basically authentication chip in the wire that tells the phone it's an authentic apple or authentic components in the cable. I wouldn't trust a non M-fi certified cable.. I've gotten one at the gas station once charged my iPhone 6 and went to go pick it up it was super hot and wouldn't turn on. Long story short called apple and they told me it was the cable and it shorted the circuitry.
Oh whoops - and I assume the tiny cables for the iPhone that come with the mavic are certified?
Just wondering though - these cables aren't being used to charge the iPad as such - low power draws from the power on the controller.
Maybe best to ditch it??

Oh whoops - and I assume the tiny cables for the iPhone that come with the mavic are certified?
Just wondering though - these cables aren't being used to charge the iPad as such - low power draws from the power on the controller.
Maybe best to ditch it??

They are certified. He's right... lots of cheap cables won't even charge an iPad, and will make the iPhone hot.

Basically that certification means it's Apple approved

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Thank You Eyeinthesky33, From now on I will only buy M-Fi cables
I don't want to buy a cheap cable to ruin my $1,000 phone or drone

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3