DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hangar's "Autopilot" app is currently unusable with the Mavic Pro.

Mannymal

Reactions
Warning:

Probably as a result of the latest firmware, the Autopilot app is NOT safe to use with the Mavic Pro!
Several people have reported the same problems. When you engage your flight on Autopilot, the Mavic will hover and move about very slowly, twitching, as if its fighting with itself or having a seizure. It will not perform the missions assigned to it.

In my case, yesterday as I tested this, the Mavic suddenly lost control as if one of the motors disengaged, and twirled in mid-air twice. I was sure it was gonna crash. Thankfully, and amazingly, the drone recovered with only a few feet of altitude loss and regained its hover, after which I engaged S mode and brought the drone back.

I advice against using Autopilot 3.9 with the latest Mavic firmware (.0500) until Hangar issues an update. It might work for you, but its not worth risking your drone crashing just to find out.

Reactions: sporte77
Never heard of it. Thanks for beta testing. Stick with what's been tested by the masses; Autoflight Logic and Litchi

Never heard of it. Thanks for beta testing. Stick with what's been tested by the masses; Autoflight Logic and Litchi

Autopilot is tried and true, usually very stable, and is considered the most powerful solution. It's just that as of right now, its having problems with the Mavic. Hopefully they will update it soon.

Reactions: SteelFlyer
Warning:

Probably as a result of the latest firmware, the Autopilot app is NOT safe to use with the Mavic Pro!
Several people have reported the same problems. When you engage your flight on Autopilot, the Mavic will hover and move about very slowly, twitching, as if its fighting with itself or having a seizure. It will not perform the missions assigned to it.

In my case, yesterday as I tested this, the Mavic suddenly lost control as if one of the motors disengaged, and twirled in mid-air twice. I was sure it was gonna crash. Thankfully, and amazingly, the drone recovered with only a few feet of altitude loss and regained its hover, after which I engaged S mode and brought the drone back.

I advice against using Autopilot 3.9 with the latest Mavic firmware (.0500) until Hangar issues an update. It might work for you, but its not worth risking your drone crashing just to find out.

I actually just bought Autopilot app yesterday and was very excited for the Waypoints... until I tested it this morning... and like what you described "Mavic will hover and move about very slowly, twitching, as if its fighting with itself or having a seizure" is sure happened to mine. Thanks at least I'm sure now it's not me or my Mavic. THANKS!

I actually just bought Autopilot app yesterday and was very excited for the Waypoints... until I tested it this morning... and like what you described "Mavic will hover and move about very slowly, twitching, as if its fighting with itself or having a seizure" is sure happened to mine. Thanks at least I'm sure now it's not me or my Mavic. THANKS!

PLEASE send a support ticket to Hangar, and if they don't respond leave a corresponding review on the the iOS App Store. We paid $30 for an app we haven't been able to use, so it should be addressed quickly.

Reactions: Cowman
PLEASE send a support ticket to Hangar, and if they don't respond leave a corresponding review on the the iOS App Store. We paid $30 for an app we haven't been able to use, so it should be addressed quickly.

Yes! thats for sure! And the battery drains so quickly... I got an average of 14 mins.

Great news! Can't wait for them to fix it. So many hours spent on the tutorials I am itching to make some bad*** footage ;)
Unfortunately, DJI has identified this as a firmware issue and it will require a firmware update to correct. In the meantime, you can still use Human Flight Control Modes, or Waypoint Mode with LCMC.

Unfortunately, DJI has identified this as a firmware issue and it will require a firmware update to correct. In the meantime, you can still use Human Flight Control Modes, or Waypoint Mode with LCMC.

That's unfortunate. I hope they are working on it. This firmware seems a bit rough around the edges in a few ways (startup sound is garbled and there is some Engrish with the "Precious take off" thing)

This is a relief actually. I used Autopilot "beta" for the first time in a while yesterday and it went crazy.

It sounded terrible and then went up to 500 feet before I disengaged.

Every other time it has been great.

Thank goodness for this board so I know what is going on!

Reactions: Mannymal
This is a relief actually. I used Autopilot "beta" for the first time in a while yesterday and it went crazy.

Hey Brooklynflyer, I also live in Brooklyn. We should get in touch to stay up to date with the complex and Kafkaesque drone situation in NYC.

Reactions: BrooklynFlyer

Hangar, is the 4.0 Beta of Autopilot safe to use? I assume not since its a Mavic Pro firmware issue, but thought it prudent to ask anyways.

The first thing I did when I purchased Autopilot was to sign up for their notifications. Received an email yesterday explaining the issue. Good company!

Reactions: Soundtekk
DJI is currently looking into the issue.

No version of Autopilot is safe to use with the Mavic Pro right now (unless LCMC is enabled).
I'm glad Focus is considered a Human flight mode. Need this for a shot in a couple days!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters