DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hardware issue: Gimbal Obstruction - Auto restarting....Is there a fix?

stmayo11

Reactions
Hello,

My Mavic Pro is having a gimbal issue. When I turn it on, the gimbal keeps restarting with an error message on the iPhone saying "Gimbal Obstruction" and it gets stuck restarting.

I saw two possible fixes posted by other users suggesting 1. starting the MP while upside down?? and 2. do a factory reset to original settings using the MP Assistant 2.

I have tried both of these suggestions and neither one worked.

It seems to be a serious issue that other users have faced. Is this a software issue which will be fixed by future update? A hardware issue that requires the MP to be sent in for repair?

I'm overseas so sending in for repair is kind of an issue.

Any suggestions from a DJI Moderator on how to address this problem, as I seem to be one of several people having this same problem. Google searches under "DJI Mavic Pro" "gimbal obstruction" and "gimbal restarting"

Problems started popping up in Nov. 2016. Drone has current firmware onboard so that's not the issue.

Help please!

Reactions: Droner1
Hello,

My Mavic Pro is having a gimbal issue. When I turn it on, the gimbal keeps restarting with an error message on the iPhone saying "Gimbal Obstruction" and it gets stuck restarting.

I saw two possible fixes posted by other users suggesting 1. starting the MP while upside down?? and 2. do a factory reset to original settings using the MP Assistant 2.

It seems to be a serious issue that other users have faced. Is this a software issue which will be fixed by future update? A hardware issue that requires the MP to be sent in for repair?

Any suggestions from a DJI Moderator on how to address this problem, as I seem to be one of several people having this same problem. Google searches under "DJI Mavic Pro" "gimbal obstruction" and "gimbal restarting"

Problems started popping up in Nov. 2016. Drone has current firmware onboard so that's not the issue.

Help please!
We're you able to figure out what the issue was?

Hi to all you creative drone aviators,

I'm new to the Mavic, but must say that it is an amazing piece of tech. I absolutely love it. I clipped a prop yesterday bringing the MP to the ground rather hard, one and a half meters max.

I replaced the prop and when I powered it on again the gimble started rolling into both extremes, terrible clicking sound. It's still showing the picture though. I tried recalibration, no help, tried calibrating it with the ***, also no luck. I've checked the plate, clip and rubbers, also all intact.

Any help please guys.

Cheers

Hello,

Help please!

Hi stmayo11,
Did you get any help with this issue?

Cheers
Shawn

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member