DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anyone been able to use the samsung 7 edge

Yes - it's rather good for texting and making and receiving telephone calls.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scapegoat
For me DJI GO 3 worked fine with my S7 edge. 100+ flights with Mavic.

DJI GO 4 has been frequently crashing on my S7 edge particularly when using intelligent modes. Not sure why but have removed it and will stick with v3 until v4 gets a few updates.

Did notice that DJI are nesting their app folders on the phone. Perhaps some of the DJI GO 3 files are interfering with the DJI GO 4 stuff. Cleaning everything DJI off the phone and manually removing DJI folders then installing DJI GO 4 again would probably be a good idea too. Simply uninstalling leaves much of the DJI data on the phone.

Reactions: Andrew F
I have no issues with the standard dji go app and the s7 edge.

Apart from it charging the phone and draining the controller just a wee bit too much

Reactions: Andrew F
DJI Go 4 CRASHED my Samsung S7 Edge. It will not reboot. It will not boot to recovery or safe mode. I even tried wiping data and factory restore. ALL FAIL! Currently it starts and stays on the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge page and keeps restarting. Wiped Cache. Wiped data. Forced reboot and waiting.......

I flew my Mavic Pro yesterday. The first fight with new battery went well. Landed powered off the Mavic and replaced the battery. App crashed and reconnected remote. Shut off Mavic and Remote. Removed the Phone from the controller and retried to restart. FAIL. I was able to restart the phone in safe mode, closed all apps and rebooted. Didn't worry too much since it was the first time.

Today I flew the MAvic successfully until the battery was 30%. Landed, powered off the Mavic and replaced the battery. DJI GO did not reconnect. Closed the app and restart my phone or tired to. Took everything home to troubleshoot the phone.

Now attempting a complete wipe, reset and restart. Now I am waiting to restore a backup, if possible. Some Fun!

OKAY. Factory Reset. Installing apps and accounts again. Thank you DJI GO 4!

Has anyone been able to use the samsung 7 edge

I don't know exactly what's going on. I have my MP for a couple of weeks and never used my S7 Edge attached to the controller ever since. I've been using my old Moto X. Everything was ok—but just for short flights I figured out later.
But yesterday I flew my MP for a long time and the Moto X started to show that it's not good enough for the job. Overheating and continuous screen freezes started to annoying me until the app finally crashed. So, back home, I connected my S7 Edge w/ Dji Go 4 and the nightmare started. Repeatedly connect/disconnect, black and white screen, "mag interf" blinking on controller's screen and so on...

Searching here and on YouTube I found 2 things:
1. The wi-fi of the phone has the same frequency of the controller's and starts to conflict -- So next time I'll try turn off wi-fi or put phone on Airplane mode for flying to see what happens. (can I use the "follow me" mode within airplane mode on?)
2. The provided Dji USB cable has poor quality -- Seriously? If the workaround above fails I'll try to use another USB cable on the bottom of the controller.

If anyone else has any idea of what can be done, I would appreciate it!

Turning off onboard video cache gives the phone a lot more procesing power to play with.
Recording video alone will usually get it hot after several minutes.
You shouldn't need do this though with a powerful modern phone.
My S5 seems OK and I just plug in and go without doing anything. It's just plain odd how a few models have real problems.

I also use the Samsung S7 Edge. Happily, it works after the latest firmware update. I do notice it gets pretty hot pretty fast. One issue is the charger drawing power from the phone (android issue I am told). I bought a faster SD card and turned off video caching. Records fine now. I just purchased a Samsung Tab S2 (8 Inch) to try with the controler and Mavic Pro. I love the S7 but it seems to hate the added work DJI requires.

Turning off onboard video cache gives the phone a lot more procesing power to play with.
Recording video alone will usually get it hot after several minutes.
You shouldn't need do this though with a powerful modern phone.

Yep, I guess you're right.

I do notice it gets pretty hot pretty fast. One issue is the charger drawing power from the phone.

The charger? You mean the controller draw the phone's battery?

I just started out but I've been successful in a handful of flights using the DJI Go 4 & Samsung S7 Edge.

Have noticed how the phone charges off the remote even when the phone is 100%. The phone doesn't have the option to 'Do Nothing' when connected to a USB source, unfortunately. I'm thinking of connecting the phone to the USB A port on the bottom of the remote to see if it still drains the remote control battery. Anybody know if that USB A connection can take a USB 3.0 cable?

Yep, I guess you're right.

The charger? You mean the controller draw the phone's battery?

Sorry. I wasn't clear. Android phones draw power [from the DJI Controller] when connected by USB cable. This drains the controllers battery and makes my phone warmer.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3