DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anyone tried Gesture Mode

thecool32

Reactions
Hello everybody thanks for having me?

Wanted to know if anyone tried Gesture Mode?

The reason why I ask is because, while the mavic did take the picture - the file was a normal jpeg not a raw file.

I made sure to change the settings jpeg & raw.

Any ideas?

I also found that while my GO settings were set to save a JPEG and DNG (RAW) file, when using Gesture Mode, the Mavic would only save a JPEG file.

I also noticed Gesture Mode would not appear to function properly if you have set the front LEDs to be OFF.
(This makes sense as the lights need to flash to let the subject know what photo function the Mavic is executing).
Before I first tried Gesture Mode, I had previously set my front LEDs to OFF.
When I enabled Gesture Mode I expected the front LEDs would automatically turn ON or flash as needed, overriding the OFF setting, but they do not.
They need to be turned ON beforehand when expecting to use Gesture Mode.
Without LED lights to signal the user, the Gesture Mode procedure will "appear" to be confusing or non-functioning.

Reactions: thecool32
I also found that while my GO settings were set to save a JPEG and DNG (RAW) file, when using Gesture Mode, the Mavic would only save a JPEG file.

I also noticed Gesture Mode would not appear to function properly if you have set the front LEDs to be OFF.
(This makes sense as the lights need to flash to let the subject know what photo function the Mavic is executing).
Before I first tried Gesture Mode, I had previously set my front LEDs to OFF.
When I enabled Gesture Mode I expected the front LEDs would automatically turn ON or flash as needed, overriding the OFF setting, but they do not.
They need to be turned ON beforehand when expecting to use Gesture Mode.
Without LED lights to signal the user, the Gesture Mode procedure will "appear" to be confusing or non-functioning.
That is a good fine! Thanks..

Yeah I was trying to edit my raw files taken from Gesture Mode just to find out there are no raw files.... I hope DJI look into this... doesn't make sense....

Me again! Still learning - sorry if this is a bit "old", but tried Gesture Mode for the first time (now I can fly the Mavic) - could not get it to work! Only once did front LED's flash and still no picture. Is there a distance or elevation limit? Will the picture take if video is on, or will video turn off when you go into gesture mode. Guess I need a tutorial - yet to see a YouTube that gives any real detail - love to be pointed to one...

Mavic camera needs to be in photo mode, Mavic needs to be about 30' away from you, front LED's on, and hold your hands in front of your face in a 'Picture frame' and then move them out away from you to the sides. The frond LED should then flash prior to taking the photo. I have used it many times for group shots or a shot that I want to be in but not seen holding the controller.

Reactions: Snow Bird 1
Mavic camera needs to be in photo mode, Mavic needs to be about 30' away from you, front LED's on, and hold your hands in front of your face in a 'Picture frame' and then move them out away from you to the sides. The frond LED should then flash prior to taking the photo. I have used it many times for group shots or a shot that I want to be in but not seen holding the controller.

Awesome - I think that covers it beautifully! Can't go wrong now!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+