DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has Anyone Tried These ND Filters? They remind me of predator drones

For me, in the climate from my part of the world ( hints :- hot hot hot), I wouldn't even try it..

it restricts air flow from my vents somewhat, but I think this won't be an issue for those who loves to fly in colder climates..

Has anyone tried these? I imagine they still might get reflective "spider webs" but these would be awesome compared to the ND filters we use now…

Gimbal Camera Cover For DJI Mavic Pro Drone Quadcopter ND4 ND8 Cap Protector | eBay

Anyone have any reviews on them?
Very interesting idea, but doesnt an ND filter have to be right up against or as close to the lense glass as possible to be more effective? at that distance from the glass you would still get reflections and distortions etc? could be worth a try though.

Reactions: Chase R
I have the Nd8. I bought it as an alternative cheap dome protector. Dji clear original was 25 AUD. These half the price. I haven't flown with it yet as i do think the dome will cause distortion

I have the Nd8. I bought it as an alternative cheap dome protector. Dji clear original was 25 AUD. These half the price. I haven't flown with it yet as i do think the dome will cause distortion

Let us know as soon as you fly with it. I'm very curious how it works.

Any update from you on these ND filters?

Plastic is going to seriously degrade the image quality. That's why all the ND filters are made from glass. If your not all that interested in the video quality then this might be the way to go.

Plastic is going to seriously degrade the image quality. That's why all the ND filters are made from glass. If your not all that interested in the video quality then this might be the way to go.

I have plenty of regular premium ND filters. I'm just curious if it's "good enough" for say flying at the park or having fun when I'm not out to film a movie but still want to share my exploits on Facebook. Really curious to hear feedback from somebody who has tried them. I'm sure they aren't amazing, but curious if they aren't half bad.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters