DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anyone used this to cleanup their Mavic? Sorry if this has been posted before.

bOogErSuGar75

Reactions
I was just wondering if anyone has used this to blowout their motors and around their gimbal. The reason why I'm asking is because I'm at the beach and I took off from my landing pad. But at the beach there's lots of sand flying around so I thought it couldn't hurt blowing out the motor, gimbal,etc. IMG_4750.JPG
Just curious what yaw think. Love the mavic community!!

Reactions: Ty_tastic
Do yourself a favor and dont use that on your propulsion motors. If you blow in from the top, you are going to blow any sand or debris into the motor and then you will never get it out.

Best thing to do is turn the Mav upside down, and gently bang the shaft of each motor on a table to get the sand and other junk out. After you fly near a sandy or dirty area, you should turn each motor by hand to feel for a gritty friction. If you feel it, then empty the sand out as I mentioned above, then try to turn them again.

The gimbal motors are sealed, but the fan assembly behind the gimbal is not sealed and you might accidentally blow some debris into the internals of the Mavic. If you really want to use compressed air on the gimbal, blow it from the side, but mask off the fan grill before you do that so nothing gets inside.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98