DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has this guy bypassed NFZ ?

Have a feeling if on latest firmwae it will state NFZ and block take-off if you tried that.
I'm sure that's what he's done.
- Note video shows dead bodies etc so not for everyone -.

He must be using older Mavic firmware .300 or .400 to do it,
With ,500 onward the tin foil would not allow him to even start the motors.

Rob

Reactions: Bryan Conover
He must be using older Mavic firmware .300 or .400 to do it,
With ,500 onward the tin foil would not allow him to even start the motors.

Rob

Really ? I haven't tried since I upgraded from .400 . I'd think it would act as if it were just inside without a GPS signal and fly in Atti mode .

Really ? I haven't tried since I upgraded from .400 . I'd think it would act as if it were just inside without a GPS signal and fly in Atti mode .

No the Props will not start on the newer firmware unless you first get a GPS lock.

Rob, I haven't tried lately but if that's true then indoors flying in atti mode is impossible?

Flying indoors will be in vision mode, so it's important to have a well lit room.

You will be limited to short range and low height without GPS lock.

Flying indoors will be in vision mode, so it's important to have a well lit room.

You will be limited to short range and low height without GPS lock.

Are you saying you can get the props to start without a GPS signal?
I read several post were people say they need to first get a GPS lock to clear the NFZ message then they can carry it inside and fly in atti mode. I am still using Ver .400 so I never encountered the problem.

Rob

Yep, no problem.

I know some people have said that, but for me regardless of the amount of testing I've done I've never had that issue apart from the very first power up after the update.
I've even tried going in an NFZ, powering it down while in so that the last known position is in one, then go out of it, power up, and start motors while still in ATTI mode before the first lock with no prob.

So either these poeple are confused or things depend on location.

Go to the 10 Min mark and the next 30 minutes is very interesting in regards to geo fencing and DJI.

Rob

I live in an NFZ across the street from a local uncontrolled airport. I tried this in my backyard Saturday night. It worked great other than it is much more difficult to fly without GPS and crashed it into a picnic table(all is well, just had to replace to props). I believe I am on .400.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143