DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have anyone else experienced uneven focus ?

Here's my example. Let me know what people think, at around 12 seconds I attempt to focus again to infinity. Things seem very fuzzy. Or is it just me?

I'm thinking I should RMA after the holiday rush. I've tried the camera/imu/gimbal reset but no difference.

Same issue with all of my recordings to far.

In focus in the area that I tap, but out of focus everywhere else. I am tapping to focus multiple times to ensure I get close to infinity when I am flying, but nothing seems to help.

I'm thinking that we should all RMA. Anyone have any idea how to get a DJI rep in this forum?

Reactions: larryp
Just wondering, with all these focus issues. Will it focus inside of you put at item in the corner of the camera view to focus on?

Just wondering, with all these focus issues. Will it focus inside of you put at item in the corner of the camera view to focus on?

my first mavic would do that.

My second mavic is just a bit softer on the left hand side, and where you click to focus doesn't change this. It's borderline being OK, but I'll still send it back as I want the better image quality

Reactions: nebster
All others with OOF on one side - were you able to resolve or did you have to send it in? I'm hearing there is some lens calibration in DJI GO 4 for Android, but not seeing it for iOS. Does anyone know if this resolves the issue?

Maybe you aren't focusing properly? Either way I sent mine in for repair for the right side blur issue

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
What's the return process like? If I have this issue, I'm afraid I don't have time to review a replacement unit. I'm leaving Feb 20 for Costa Rica with the Peace Corps.

Here's my example. Let me know what people think, at around 12 seconds I attempt to focus again to infinity. Things seem very fuzzy. Or is it just me?

I'm thinking I should RMA after the holiday rush. I've tried the camera/imu/gimbal reset but no difference.
Looks fuzzy to me, with ISO 100 and fast shutter, it should be crisp

Reactions: Graves14
What's the return process like? If I have this issue, I'm afraid I don't have time to review a replacement unit. I'm leaving Feb 20 for Costa Rica with the Peace Corps.

Itll be much faster than that. I think I am looking at two weeks total...

Here's mine!
Do i have the same issue?
Right hand side OOF badly!!

I having the same out of focus when I set it to infinity too..... however when I set my p4p it's works perfectly[emoji848]... not sure why the mavic isn't focusing when set to infinity.... I have to leave it on af

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I sent mine in for the focus issue. Full coverage under warranty.

Sent in "Forum Support" request the 14th.
Got UPS shipping label the 15th.
Sent it using their UPS pre-paid label on the 16th.
UPS showed delivered the 27th.
DJI status: Received and assessed and repaired on the 28th.
Return shipped back the 29th UPS, should be here the 6th with the holiday.

Clearly UPS is the slowest portion of this whole transaction. Assuming the fix works, I'd say I'm very impressed with DJI's repair speed.

The repair was to replace gimbal, camera and retest. $244 including service charges (all warranty covered).

Follow up on the repairs: Amazing difference with the video quality!

Anyone even thinking they might have an issue should look closely and raise a ticket with DJI. They ended up sending me an entirely new unit.

My video is so crisp and focused throughout. I reviewed my footage from before the fix and can't believe I was even thinking of not investigating into the quality issues.

Reactions: 604Pilot and maikm
I have the same right side out of
Focus issues. I've had mine since November and had zero issues with focus. All my videos were crystal clear throughout. It was only when I updated firmware that I started to have the right side of my video slightly out of focus. I'm going to try to downgrade the firmware to see if it fixes it.

Reactions: bmwm2
I recently received a repaired (refurbished) Mavic Pro based on an issue that I was having with the jello/jitter video effect. The new unit that I have received has an issue with focusing and will not clearly display the whole image on the screen. As you can see in the video below the only area that remains in focus is the center. I have had the Mavic for almost 2 months now and due to hardware issues I have only been able to use it for a dozen flights with inferior camera quality. Has anyone sent in theres for a second repair?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu