DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have had my Mavic for a while now and my experience has been...

IADRN43

Reactions
... really good.
The go 4 app works great, I use an iPad Air and an iPhone 7 and have enjoyed flying quite a bit.
I haven't done any really fancy stuff, mostly zooming around and looking at cool scenery. The camera picture has been really great, recordings amaze me at the quality.
Haven't had any flyoffs yet and the return to home has been working well.

I only put this up because of all the negative threads that freak out us newbs worried about flying their new drones.
Fly safe, fly strong y'all.

Same here. Flawless.Even with the latest update of the Firmware. On both the IOS and Android platform.

Just did some Sport Mode bombing . Then switched into P Mode to come down real close and film the fence guys digging my post holes for repair of my back fence. They were like WTF????

Reactions: Anthonyk
over 4 hours of flight time and 40 miles traveled and no issues to report......loving every minute of it....

The engineers at DJI deserve a pay raise! The Mavic flies like a dream and so far I have had no problems at all. I love this drone:)

It's been great so far. I was impressed with the precision of Return to Home. I had to deal with a situation at home point and pressed RTH. It flew back like a charm and began lowering itself to land. Perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

This is a good thread. As a new Mavic Pro owner (hopefully) in the very near future, it is refreshing to hear positive experiences on the forums. Keep 'em coming Mavic owners! I need something nice to read while I pass the time and waaaaaaaaaaaait....... I'm sure you can appreciate my days are really dragging at the moment... :p

Also no problems in 10 hours of flight, except for the occasional false obstacle warning. It doesn't always want to fly towards a nearby small mountain that is 10 miles away. Any other direction is fine.
Love the machine!!!

Been flying mine for a month or so, and it's been perfect and loads of fun. Amazing machine and confidence grows with every flight.

I have had about 50 flights with zero issues. Not a gigantic risk taker while flying, but I have been having loads of fun and learning more each time.

Same here, I have several phantoms including the Phantom 4 pro and I just find myself flying the Mavic more, and don't let anyone tell you the camera is not good, if you spend time dialing it in and learning what works best, it's actually very nice. Look up some Mavic videos on Vimeo, my Mavic shoots amazing footage with a little TLC. Here's some recent work.

Yes th flight characteristics of the mavic are great however the video quality is pretty horrible. I'm really disappointed with the video. My p3p has 10 times the quality. This whole washed out, water paint like video is nothing but garbage...
Yes look up comparison videos and you'll see the problem. Those who say the video is good on the mavic don't know what they are talking about. There is a real issue, even Dji R&D team is looking into it. Don't bet they'll fix it.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

... really good.
The go 4 app works great, I use an iPad Air and an iPhone 7 and have enjoyed flying quite a bit.
I haven't done any really fancy stuff, mostly zooming around and looking at cool scenery. The camera picture has been really great, recordings amaze me at the quality.
Haven't had any flyoffs yet and the return to home has been working well.

I only put this up because of all the negative threads that freak out us newbs worried about flying their new drones.
Fly safe, fly strong y'all.

What do you use to hold the iPad Air?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Same here, I have several phantoms including the Phantom 4 pro and I just find myself flying the Mavic more, and don't let anyone tell you the camera is not good, if you spend time dialing it in and learning what works best, it's actually very nice. Look up some Mavic videos on Vimeo, my Mavic shoots amazing footage with a little TLC.
Yes th flight characteristics of the mavic are great however the video quality is pretty horrible. I'm really disappointed with the video. My p3p has 10 times the quality. This whole washed out, water paint like video is nothing but garbage...
Yes look up comparison videos and you'll see the problem. Those who say the video is good on the mavic don't know what they are talking about. There is a real issue, even Dji R&D team is looking into it. Don't bet they'll fix it.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
have you tried shooting in 4k 30, with the color profile set to none and +1 on sharpness? My video posted above is shot with that. No water color effect.

Had mine about a month. Only issue I have had that seems to plague a lot of people here is the titled horizon issue. It only seems to happen after yawing rapidly with the camera pointed down and typically it won't straighten back out until the next restart. I highly recommend setting your yaw limits to a conservative level to lessen the chance of it happening.

That being said, I absolutely love the Mavic. The footage achieved from something so small is outstanding, the build quality is solid, just all around an amazing testament to modern technology. Here is my most recent outing with her (yes, it's a she). At the end I spotted a cargo ship out in the bay and attempted to chase it down but after 11,500 feet I chickened out and hightailed it home.

Reactions: JoshuaCarlton
"Those who say the video is good on the mavic don't know what they are talking about" Pretty sure this guy knows what he's talking about.

Same here, I have several phantoms including the Phantom 4 pro and I just find myself flying the Mavic more, and don't let anyone tell you the camera is not good, if you spend time dialing it in and learning what works best, it's actually very nice. Look up some Mavic videos on Vimeo, my Mavic shoots amazing footage with a little TLC. Here's some recent work.

Dude the contrast on the forest shot is f'ing amazing.

Reactions: JoshuaCarlton
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu