DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have UPS Lost it Hopefully not

SamBGb

Reactions
I am having to send my drone in for repair but decided not to use the UPS label by DJI as the company I work for could send it through their UPS account for next day delivery (UK to Netherlands). I was checking the status of the shipment this morning and its still only showing that it was picked up yesterday, no scans at all after that.

UPS have said it could still get delivered today but I have a bad feeling that its not going to be the case, surely this item would have been scanned at some point during the journey between Countries, it must have passed between at least 3/4 UPS locations first.

Its looking like UPS have either misplaced the drone or lost it. I am holding my break until the end of the day to see if this actually gets delivered or not to DJI.

What kind of answer do you expect from this forum?
Check with UPS directly - here you'll get speculations at most...

I am having to send my drone in for repair but decided not to use the UPS label by DJI as the company I work for could send it through their UPS account for next day delivery (UK to Netherlands). I was checking the status of the shipment this morning and its still only showing that it was picked up yesterday, no scans at all after that.

UPS have said it could still get delivered today but I have a bad feeling that its not going to be the case, surely this item would have been scanned at some point during the journey between Countries, it must have passed between at least 3/4 UPS locations first.

Its looking like UPS have either misplaced the drone or lost it. I am holding my break until the end of the day to see if this actually gets delivered or not to DJI.
I can sympathize with your frustration and empathize with your concern, I have learned that when traveling between countries sometimes the scans never show up, the package can hang in limbo then poof it arrives. I have been through this a couple times (not with the drone.) One can only hope.
Regards,
-d.
Edit: especially with the next day deliveries, they zip through everywhere.

What kind of answer do you expect from this forum?
Check with UPS directly - here you'll get speculations at most...

Shouldn't have put a question mark in the subject wasn't looking for an answer, only UPS can help here. I was Just sharing something related to my mavic is all.

I can sympathize with your frustration and empathize with your concern, I have learned that when traveling between countries sometimes the scans never show up, the package can hang in limbo then poof it arrives. I have been through this a couple times (not with the drone.) One can only hope.
Regards,
-d.
Edit: especially with the next day deliveries, they zip through everywhere.

Yes, perhaps that is the case. Have spoken to UPS a few minutes ago and they did say it can often be the case that there are no scans between delivery points in order for the package to move through their network much quicker.

Holding my breath to see if it shows up as delivered at the end of today. Fingers crossed :)

Yes, perhaps that is the case. Have spoken to UPS a few minutes ago and they did say it can often be the case that there are no scans between delivery points in order for the package to move through their network much quicker.

Holding my breath to see if it shows up as delivered at the end of today. Fingers crossed :)
I have two day'd stuff from here (Wyoming) to New Zealand and only seen a pick up and delivery scan.

Thats good to know. At least its not unique and can happen so sounds like it may be on track. Time will tell I suppose.

oh dear looks like they have lost it. DJI Netherlands closed about 25 minutes ago, no delivery confirmation :( I've only had the drone about a week which makes the pill even more bitter to swallow.

It should have been delivered today to DJI as it was a next day service, it could well be that its just late just a little annoying UPS have no idea where it is.

oh dear looks like they have lost it. DJI Netherlands closed about 25 minutes ago, no delivery confirmation :( I've only had the drone about a week which makes the pill even more bitter to swallow.
Do not loose hope yet, often technology runs a little slow. I have faith all will work out.
Regards,
-d.

Patience. I'd bet it gets there tomorrow.

Thats what I am hoping, I am not at panic stations yet. Will keep watching the Mavic videos on youtube of other twats like me crashing theirs, and learning what NOT to do lol.

UPS have a trace on it now anyway so lets see what happens.

Recently sent a Mavic charger back to Amazon. Received a letter that they received the box empty. I've never had this happen. Now have to fill out paperwork and wait for money from insurance. Such a hassle.

It's just changed from collected to in transit on time, just a day late but hopefully is accurate. No further scan information yet (there may not be).

It's just changed from collected to in transit on time, just a day late but hopefully is accurate. No further scan information yet (there may not be).
Good to hear. Sometimes I miss the days when you had no idea a package would arrive until you heard the UPS (for some reason I could always identify it) truck pull up front and the smack of the box on the porch stoop.
Regards,
-d

It should have been delivered today to DJI as it was a next day service, it could well be that its just late just a little annoying UPS have no idea where it is.

Next day service is a farce! Sometimes is does arrive the next day and sometimes it can take 2-3 days. It all depends on the Hubs the transportation system for the region and the weather.
On the Flip side I have bought stuff with next day and it arrived about 18 hours later.
Ordered at 5pm and was in my hand at 1pm the next day. Don't panic until 3 days have passed.

Rob

Reactions: Bunny Too
Pleased to report its being scanned and was only scanned leaving my local depot tonight and reached the airport about 15 minutes ago. I am not fussed about the delay, I was more concerned about it being missing as no one in UPS could answer that and didn't know what was going on.

Reactions: Bunny Too
Pleased to report its being scanned and was only scanned leaving my local depot tonight and reached the airport about 15 minutes ago. I am not fussed about the delay, I was more concerned about it being missing as no one in UPS could answer that and didn't know what was going on.
Excellent, now you just have to worry that it makes it back (I am kidding, this will be the only hitch) glad it is working out.
Regards,
-d.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll