DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have you guys ever experienced an "out of control" spinning with your Mavic?

FlyingRod

Reactions
I was flying my Mavic this morning, and take off was normal. I just felt the drone wasn't flying as fast as it usually does. I thought it could be the wind, so I kept flying it.
Passed about 5 minutes I decided bringing the Mavic back, and that's when weird things started to happen. It was hard to establish a straight line (once again, I thought it could be some crosswinds), so the drone suddenly was flying kind of sideways (diagonal), going totally off the landing point. Luckly, I activated the "Return to Home" button, and it basically flew based on coordinates. When the drone was hovering above me (initiating its descending), it started spinning out of control. I switched back to manual and landed it as fast as I could, and despite some skidding on the ground the drone seems to be in perfect condition (no blades affected). It was a very tense moment...
Have you guys ever experienced that? Any thoughts on what may cause this spinning?

Last edited:
Upload the DAT file from the mavic. The instructions can be found in the link in my Signiture.

This could have been a Gyro failure or a compass alignment failure.
There have been some incidences of this behavior over the last several months.

Rob

One of the things mentioned on this forum earlier I found very interesting.
If you take off from a sidewalk or driveway your drone's compass can be screwed up because of the steel rebar embedded in the concrete pour.
Underground power lines can mess you up as well.
Food for thought.

Reactions: FlyingRod
One of the things mentioned on this forum earlier I found very interesting.
If you take off from a sidewalk or driveway your drone's compass can be screwed up because of the steel rebar embedded in the concrete pour.
Underground power lines can mess you up as well.
Food for thought.

This may explain the problem. I was standing on a concrete platform which probably had some steel rebar embedded in it.

In this case the DJI Go was not supposed to point a calibration error?

a question about mavic enviroment, if the mavic turn off, but it near steel/ something metal, does the compes will screw up? for safety calibrate compas again after near steel/metal?

if the mavic turn off, but it near steel/ something metal, does the compes will screw up?
No. You should keep it away from magnets though (e.g. a subwoofer in your car).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys