DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have you shipped your Mavic in for repair?

Dronebow

Reactions
If so, how long did it take from out your door to back to your door? Just sick about having to ship mine in for repair and because I need it back before we go on our family vacation in about 3 weeks.

I just shipped mine today, hopefully won't be to long. My camera was DOA.
Kinda a bummer since I pre-ordered on 10/5.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

i would do it asap if i was you. im in the uk so i had to ship to the netherlands, i shipped it friday and they received it tuesday. my progress bar updated yesterday to the last stage before shipping,repair (2-3 days) although they have beat every other time scale they have given me so far.

Reactions: Loz
Mine was repaired in 1 day at DJI once they received it. So 4 days ship to and 4 days ship return with 1 day turnaround time to fix isn't bad. I'm impressed.

Really? That's hopeful. Do they send you email updates like Apple does or do you just cross your fingers and hope they received it and are working on it.
Always makes me nervous to have a $1000 item floating around in limbo.

Good to hear, mine was picked up today for return to the Netherlands. I do not expect to see it back before Xmas so it will be a bonus if I do. Hopefully the Gimbal issue is just a hardware reset and firmware reset.

Really? That's hopeful. Do they send you email updates like Apple does or do you just cross your fingers and hope they received it and are working on it.
Always makes me nervous to have a $1000 item floating around in limbo.

They do. And you can check online as well.

Not real impressed so far , UPS tracking said it was signed for Monday morning, but the repair center hasn't marked unit received yet. Have a hard time believing the it takes three days to go from shipping/receiving to product repair....

Mine didnt work upon arrival either. I hope I dont get charged. Any one else being asked to pay more money even though it was DOA?

Mines on it's way back...just got the email. Nothing on if it was repaired or replaced but glad im not waiting another 2 months.

I had a camera issue and got it back in under two weeks. It was fixed the same day the repair facility received. I was very pleased with the excellent service.

Got it back, different serial number so it looks like a whole new model. About 3 weeks with shipping.
Not bad but a bit weak on communication. Their support site had item as not arrived for a week despite ups delivery confirmation otherwise. When i called support to find out what was going on, all of a sudden it checked in and a new one sent out in a couple days...

Reactions: Ghostvizer
When you sent your Mavic in for repair, did you send everything back or just the drone? I'm sending mine back tomorrow as the gimbal has a problem but haven't been told what I need to include.

Support should tell you exactly what to send in. In many cases (as it was in my case), all they need is the drone (no battery, props, or RC).

Hey, I got a quick question. I bought my CARE Refresh via DJI Store.

Who do I have to ship my drone to for future repairs - China or someplace in my country? i just wondered and realized I didn't know to ask this before I bought the coverage.

You don't just ship your Mavic in for repairs but call DJI for instructions. They will attempt to narrow down the issue and then issue an RMA and get you a shipping label first. There are regional repair centers that will do the work.

Cool.. Thanks Wolfgang. I feel better now.

China is a like weeks away in return time compared to local/regional places.

I just sent in Mavic and Remote as instructed. They replace both items instead of doing actual repair. Flew it yesterday and it works great.

upload_2017-1-8_10-15-33.png

Hey, I got a quick question. I bought my CARE Refresh via DJI Store.

Who do I have to ship my drone to for future repairs - China or someplace in my country? i just wondered and realized I didn't know to ask this before I bought the coverage.

Somewhere in the US. Carson, California in my case.

I was in Hong Kong last week and I asked the DJI flagship store if I could have gave it to them, they said no, it would be faster in the USA since I was only there for 2 weeks (Hong Kong, They had a few in stock).

Thanks Wrecks for understanding my question without me having to explain further .. I was concerned that I'd have to deal with shipping to China for repairs, since i'd bought the MAVIC Drone & the DJI CARE REFRESH through their online store... I haven't had much success with China companies and speedy shipments in years past. Seems they all want you to hurry shipments to them but are only willing to pay for ground shipping on items they send back to me.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000