DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Having problems with RTH while using the Autopilot app

silviang

Reactions
Hello,
I am sharing my experience here to see if anybody else is able to reproduce this behavior.

I am using the Autopilot app for my video hobby work. At the end of the session I am pressing the RTH button. But unlike DJI4 or Litchi apps where this works perfectly every time, this is not working correctly on Autopilot.

Trying to describe what is happening - Upon pressing the RTH button the drone behaves extremely erratic - it goes up in bursts at the prescribed height and it looks like it tries to go forward leaning but it stops and tries again (it's like hitting an invisible wall). It never completes - I press again RTH and land it myself.

I looked everywhere to see if there is a setting that is interesting but I could not find anything weird. The only thing that maybe is special is that I am in a "yellow" area (not "red") - I think that there is a small civil airport somewhere close so I am getting a warning at the beginning but it's all good.

I contacted the Hangar folks and they asked me to send them a logging session - I also wanted to check with the community to see if my case is unique.

Thank you!

I am doing this in Oregon - sunlight is a big challenge here during this time of the year :)
The answer is no - no sunlight. I even tried different angles and altitudes and the same bahavior is present.

You have to disengage first. There are a lot of issues with Autopilot. Read my previous posts

Adventure is just bad planning

Hello - by disengage you mean:
1. that I have to push the side button on the controller from P->S,
2. disengage from the flight mode

I tried both paths and I did not get any better behavior. Did you notice the same problem and have been able to use one of the disengage methods to make this work?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54