DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HDMI Output

waylander

Reactions
Hi to all you guys like me who are eagerly awaiting there drone. :-(

Does anyone know if the Mavic has a HDMI or equivalent output port, similar to the upgraded HDMI board available for the Phantom 3 Pro.

For those not familiar with the Pro, a port where FPV goggles like the "Headplay" can be attached to view the flight.

Regards
Waylander

No, there is no HDMI out.

I wonder if anyone has tried to get video out of the lightning port with a lightning to hdmi adapter? I have one as I use it to watch movies on motel TV's. You could connect your phone via USB and the hdmi adapter via lightning. Be interesting to try.

Reactions: jointeffort and ___
Thanks msinger for that, but do you know if there is any kind of external video out
There is not as-is out of the box. I haven't heard anything about DJI releasing some type of adapter either. I think our best bet at this point is to wait for the Inspire 2 or Phantom 5 to be released. Both of those remote controllers will most likely use OcuSync -- and, I'm assuming they will come with an HDMI out or be compatible with some type of HDMI output module.

i thought i saw somewhere you can use a microusb to hdmi cord to get hdmi out then use the regular usb port on the bottom of the controller with your phone?? I wonder if its true, i will try whenever i get mine!! :)

Silly question, but what is the point of high definition video downlink, if there is no HDMI output? You are certainly not going to see the difference between 720 and 1080 on a phone.

I wonder if anyone has tried to get video out of the lightning port with a lightning to hdmi adapter? I have one as I use it to watch movies on motel TV's. You could connect your phone via USB and the hdmi adapter via lightning. Be interesting to try.

Doesn't work. The Lightning port on the Apple HDMI adapter is for charging only. Doesn't pass any data, so you can't connect the controller that way.

Doesn't work. The Lightning port on the Apple HDMI adapter is for charging only. Doesn't pass any data, so you can't connect the controller that way.
Thanks, but I am aware of that as I use it all of the time. I was referring to the possibility of connecting the controller via USB to an Android phone, and the Apple adapter via the lightning connector for HDMI. Not at all sure if the controller will output data simultaneously to both ports as I don't have my Mavic yet, and from the looks of things the wait will be long.

what if you hook up the remote to a tablet that has an hdmi port on it (e.g. k1 shield) and connect your headplay to your tablet?

Reactions: chazzm
You could do that with the Nvidia Shield K1. I believe that's the only compatible tablet that has an HDMI output. You're going to see the screen as-is on the tablet when using the googles. If that's not a deal breaker though, then it'll do the job.

Last edited:
I still say this looks like a cool option:
The new 300 model is supposed to run on Android, and there is talk of DJI Go compatibility.

Reactions: chazzm
Excellent!!! This definitely answers all of my questions right here with this video!!! Now I don't have to worry about having to spend more for now and can keep on using my Fat Shark Dominator V3 goggles!!! Yahoo!

Not sure about apple phones but most Android phones can do HDMI out of the USB. with an mhl adapter. My several year old sony z1 can do it and my new sony x performance can do it. It just mirrors the screen to any hdmi input.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123