DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HDMI Output

Actually DJI was actually preparing a HDMI output module that communicates directly with the aircraft, a version of that module is built in the display of the P4Pro, another version compatible with all DJI models from the P3standard to the Matrice that is called CristalSky. Its available in 2 sizes 5.5 display and a 7.8 display

Sorry Mat just saw your post .. ;-)

Crystalsky

Not sure about apple phones but most Android phones can do HDMI out of the USB. with an mhl adapter. My several year old sony z1 can do it and my new sony x performance can do it. It just mirrors the screen to any hdmi input.
But most can't simultaneously connect to a USB device when doing that, which is a problem since you can't connect the controller then.

What's the added latency though when using hdmi off of a display?

But most can't simultaneously connect to a USB device when doing that, which is a problem since you can't connect the controller then.

You can use usb splitters and hubs on phones. I'll try it and see if it works.

Yes but the MHL standard repurposes the USB data lines for display, so it's one or the other for all devices except from a few select older ones I believe all from Samsung that used a special 11-pin connector and separate data lines, and thus had the ability to run both simultaneously.
I've been in projects that required this before, and it's a big mess.

Not sure about apple phones but most Android phones can do HDMI out of the USB. with an mhl adapter. My several year old sony z1 can do it and my new sony x performance can do it. It just mirrors the screen to any hdmi input.

Id love to see that in action. There are other reasons besides googles, we also have done some classrooms where we put the video feed on the bigscreen.

Lack of HDMI Out was the only bad part to me about my new quad

Last edited:
There is not as-is out of the box. I haven't heard anything about DJI releasing some type of adapter either. I think our best bet at this point is to wait for the Inspire 2 or Phantom 5 to be released. Both of those remote controllers will most likely use OcuSync -- and, I'm assuming they will come with an HDMI out or be compatible with some type of HDMI output module.
Inspire 2 is LightBridge....Phantom 5 could release no earlier than March 2017. Wondering if the "P" series has run its course.

Nvidia Shield Tablet that has HDMI output is an option as well.
Fair warning...I tried both DJI GO and DJI GO4 with the Nvidia Shield the other day and for what ever reason that was never resolved...The camera would only show black screen from the Mavic...No video feed, just the GO interface. It would even tap focus but there was only a black screen like the lens cap was left on (which it wasnt)...wondering if DJI found a way reek havoc with the only HDMI option. Mavic was fully updated.

We've used several different Shields with a couple of Mavics and never had an issue, and it's always been the go-to android tablet for everything DJI.
Didn't try after the latest updates yet though.

EDIT: Just tested with everything up to date, no issue.

Anyone with a MHL phone want to try this its on sale for $2.27 for the next day.
These won't work, not even worth wasting time trying.

The only that might would be 11-pin ones (with the matching phone).

Last edited:

Did the MHL Adapter work ??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242