DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello From Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates

Badboydj

Reactions
Hi Everyone,

My name is Djay, thank you all for having me here.
I just got a Mavic Pro 3 days ago. It is a present. I have never flown a drone so far ;) except last night .....Shusshh

The problem is i have heard a lot of rumors where its illegal to fly a drone in UAE (specially if has a camera).

Cutting it short, if there is anyone here from UAE who won't mind sharing information and tips to be airbone in UAE please PM me or comment below on this thread.

I would love to hear from you.

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum Badboydj . :)

For flying drone, as long as you register your and fly away from no-fly zones it is ok. As far as flying with camera in Abu dhabi is not permitted, but based on DCAA Dubai it does not say that is not permitted, it only says that you should be careful about what you do with the images in order to protect privacy. check this flyer from DCAA. https://www.dcaa.gov.ae/Files/DCAAFLYERA6V4.pdf

Reactions: Badboydj
i hope GCAA should update their checklist as well.. I hate the highlighted part..

a) Requirements for an Individual/Private User (Recreational)(Click to Apply)

• The user and UAS/drone shall be registered with the GCAA before flying;
  • All UAS/drones weighing 5kgs or less shall only be allowed to fly in the approved flying zone (i.e the green zone);
  • No video or image capturing devices shall be used when flying the UAS/drone;
  • No UAS/drones shall be equipped with drop or release devices;
  • UAS/drones flying range shall be within line-of-sight and not more than 400 feet above ground level;
  • UAS/drones shall fly only during day time and in good weather conditions;
  • UAS/drones shall be used for fun and not for commercial purposes;
  • The user shall be responsible to ensure the UAS/drones is used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and it is inspected before commencement of flight;
  • No user shall fly the UAS/drones near public and/or private property;
  • No user shall fly the UAS/drones within 5 km of UAE airports outer fence, Heliports, Helicopter landing Sites, and airfields or in controlled zones;
  • Direct radio control link shall be maintained between the user and the UAS/drones;
  • Frequency Band Restrictions (29.7-47.0 MHz max power 10 mW, or 2400-2500 MHz max power 100 mW) shall be maintained;
  • UAS/drones user shall take into consideration the effects on radio communication, interference of the frequency used;
  • UAS/drones user shall avoid collisions with people, objects, other manned and unmanned aircraft;
  • UAS/drones user shall not harass or endanger people or threaten to damage property;
  • UAS/drones owner shall be responsible to inform the GCAA through the GCAA website when he/she intends to resell the UAS/drones;
  • If a UAS/drones accident or UAS/drones loss of control has occurred, the user shall immediately report the incident/accident to the GCAA on hotline: +971506414667 and E-mail: [email protected] ;
  • All UAS/drones weighing above 5kgs and/or equipped with gas engine shall only operate within the GCAA approved flying clubs;
  • The minimum age to fly UAS/drones weighing more than 25Kgs is 21 years;

Reactions: Badboydj
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS